View Single Post
Community Council | Posts: 680 | Thanked: 1,227 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Mbabane
Originally Posted by badpixel View Post
But why PostMarketOS is ommited?
... so I personally think it's unfair it's totally ommited on main page
postmarketOS is very far from what Maemo was (and is), so I personally am not sure there is a big need to represent it. I have nothing against it (and actually continue to make some contributions to their project).

Plasma Mobile and Phosh are just shells, and run on any OS. There's Mobian for example (currently uses Phosh), which could be said to have a lot more in common with Maemo 5/6 - e.g. the Debian base.

Another project is Nemo Mobile, which roughly sits halfway between Harmattan and SFOS. I would guess it deserves higher priority than postmarketOS.

As for Maemo Leste, while it is true there are still a lot of missing components, there are basically 3 or 4 core devs. However, the work they have done already is really great. It would be really nice if more of the maemo.org community, especially developers, could give a hand, at least once in a while. There would likely be faster progress.

Latest Maemo Leste status update, https://maemo-leste.github.io/maemo-...mber-2020.html

Last edited by sicelo; 2021-04-16 at 23:57.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sicelo For This Useful Post: