View Single Post
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
Jolla is not targetting geeks. They are targetting mainstream. I think for them to grow, they need a real innovation. I just dont see it. UI may be nicer, multitasking is there......but its really all very minor improvement. And of course there are people that will buy a different phone, just so that they have something else than iphone or android........
Wait, you champion Windows Phone, why would folks listen to you about innovation? I ask this as a devil's advocate, not as an attack.

UI doesn't need to be radical, but well thought out. As much as I like BB10's gestures, at the end of the day BlackBerry aped some of the features from MeeGo, Android, even iOS and WP8. WP7/WP8 have a radically different, "modern" UI and it's not improving their share. But you weren't arguing that, I know.

Meanwhile, Android slowly transformed their AOSP interface into something usable based on user and company input. And during that same time, multi-tasking improved (still not up to N900/N9/WebOS levels yet though). But you weren't arguing that either.

Innovation - if the N9 was repackaged onto newer hardware, optimized for that hardware and released with advertising and media support - read: ecosystem in place - and a few improvements and it would be fresh enough to capture people's attention. Jolla is doing just that.

Innovation is one thing. Marketing is another. And ultimately people will go where the support will be found. And by support, that varies - from popular applications to supporting workflow/livelihood/environments and access to updates and their media.

Jolla is endeavoring to do just that.

Real innovation in this time, day and age is something that's disruptive. Something that would bring something new and integrate more deeply into our lifestyles and make the smartphone the center of our daily operations.

That's what innovation is to me and what Jolla needs to do.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: