View Single Post
Argh, sorry, forgot to post the link to my post up there: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=793872&postcount=7 . I was on the train and had to get off, so I just hit "submit" without double checking

Download the rx-51.zip file from there and unpack it. I'd say open it on your PC and look at the aforementioned section in the file for which lines you want to use in yours.

First back it up though:
cp /usr/share/X11/xkb/symbols/nokia_vndr/rx-51 /home/user
This copies the file to your home folder. The tutorial states that you shouldn't put the backup copy into the same folder (/usr/share/X11/xkb/symbols/) or you might need to reflash. Then enter
sudo leafpad /usr/share/X11/xkb/symbols/rx-51
into the console. You have to use sudo because the file is protected. Then find the section mentioned above, it's close to the bottom of the file. From there you can see what to change to get Tab and the other keys to work. Some keystrokes won't work with Shift though, so you need to try around a bit.

Sorry to hear Sym+Shift doesn't work on nordic layout, I've only tested with standard layout and was quite happy with it. Maybe it's possible to set the phone to use the standard layout and overwrite the standard key mappings with the nordic ones.

In any case before playing with config files like this one I would suggest to first make a backup of at least the root partition using backupmenu.

Last edited by nephridium; 2010-08-27 at 20:02.

The Following User Says Thank You to nephridium For This Useful Post: