View Single Post
Posts: 247 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ London/M4 Corridor
Some of the things you're asking about are probably stream-dependent, so you should let us know what stream you're listening to so we can test. They'll also be dependent on the "app". Note that I've added a question as well.

For the stream http://sc1.cdn.radiostorm.com:7010 on the *included* media player
  • Buffering: No ability to pause, so no ability to cache.
  • Buffer size: unknown, but very short when network is explicitly disconnected -- stream stops immediately
  • Marking track locations: It shows the track names, but I suspect that you're after the ability to skip forward and back song by song in the hour long buffer you've built. No, it doesn't do that, but could you confirm I've understood correctly?
  • Album art: No, doesn't display.
  • Portrait mode: No, it is not orientation sensitive
  • Adaptable Bluetooth: No. Ability to switch between switch easily between a Bluetooth headset and speakers. (Controlled at app level, so an incoming call will silence the speakers and let you use the Bluetooth headset you're wearing.)

That's the included media player covered, at firmware 51-1. There are several more apps to consider. Could someone else tackle rating these please?
  • Canola2
  • kmplayer
  • Flash app in the browser
  • Whatever else I have missed

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alan_Peery For This Useful Post: