Active Topics

Posts: 6 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Heavenly place
Originally Posted by SMAr2wo View Post
! SOLUTION 4 EVERYONE ![/SIZE]

- type: john-386 -format: DES -i:digits oldpass.txt (delete all the space between format and DES!)
(or try john-386 -i:digits oldpass.txt )
Thank you so much. It worked perfectly!
For newbiews just use new "john's" command

in my case:
  • Code:
    -format:DES is not necessary
  • Code:
    -i:digits  should be modified in -inc:digits or --incremental:digits

Posts: 69 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ Melbourne, Australia
It's now 2024 and like many in here, I cannot get past my N900's lockcode. Yes, I've tried everything and it's not 12345.

Ok... what I want to know, as the SSH route I've yet to try, is how can I SSH into my phone IF I CANNOT GET PAST THE LOCKCODE!?! Or is it possible? This is my dilema. I wish there was a video step by step instructions on how to remove the Lockcode on the N900, without being able to access the N900 itself via xterminal because, as I said, I cannot get past the lockcode. I've reflashed it many times and everytime, as per the https://web.archive.org/web/20240603...g_the_firmware is that the lockcode is left intact no matter how you reflash the phone.

Many of you may have sold or dumped the N900 by now, but not me. I have three of them and they are all locked by different lockcodes (bought as a bundle from ebay, and owner did not know the lockcodes either - for parts only). NO! I will not give up! I've owner the N900 since 2010 and I KNOW IT CAN BE DONE!

Please help me out guys. Australia here. Thanks
ps: I promise no breakdancing

The Following User Says Thank You to elcaito For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,717 | Thanked: 4,763 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
https://quitesimple.org/page/N900rescueOS

Not sure if this is right place to download the rescue os from but thta is one. The other is with jack the ripper way with hash.

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Posts: 197 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Hello Friend,

I want to inform you that I still have one from 2010 and use it till now for daily usage such as phone calls & texting.

I never put any lock code in my device so hope your problem is going to be solved soon.

P.S: I owe this device a credit for letting me enter Linux world from 2016 till now.

Posts: 197 | Thanked: 271 times | Joined on Mar 2015 @ Germany

Tags
devicelock, nokia n900