Title says it all...

/etc/dnsmasq.conf points to /var/run/resolv.conf, /var/run/resolv.conf.wlan0 and so on for each adapter, but these files don't exist

The Following User Says Thank You to GameboyRMH For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by GameboyRMH View Post
Title says it all...
It's probably easier to get them from /etc/resolv.conf instead.

/etc/dnsmasq.conf points to /var/run/resolv.conf, /var/run/resolv.conf.wlan0 and so on for each adapter, but these files don't exist
They should be created by the udhcpc script (somewhere under /etc/udhcpc) automatically whenever a connection is established, assuming the DHCP server actually provided DNS configuration.

Yes the connection I'm trying to get info on (GPRS w/ proxy) provides a DNS server address with DHCP.

All my /etc/resolv.conf ever contains is:

Code:
nameserver 127.0.0.1

Posts: 1,034 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Annapolis, MD
This has been kicking my but also as everything I know to check all reports that localhost is the nameserver.

Does anyone know where to find the nameserver addresses that are assigned to Maemo from DHCP?

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 585 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ London, England
Originally Posted by GameboyRMH View Post
Title says it all...

Strange, /var/run/resolv.conf.wlan0 exists when I'm on wireless, and /var/run/resolv.conf.gprs is there when I'm connected via GPRS. Did you actually look when the connection was active?

I just noticed the resolv.conf.wlan0 exists when I'm on wireless, but when I was on GPRS I resolv.conf.gprs didn't exist. I'll try again to confirm.

Edit: Confirmed, while on GPRS and able to browse, there are no resolv.conf files whatsoever in /var/run/

Last edited by GameboyRMH; 2010-11-01 at 15:07.

The Following User Says Thank You to GameboyRMH For This Useful Post:

Tags
dnsmasq, maemo 5