Active Topics

Posts: 236 | Thanked: 149 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Finland
I'm running my OS from MMC and would like to upgrade the kernel to the latest version. I've browsed through the other threads about upgrading and found instructions to upgrading only the kernel, but haven't found a definitive answer to how to upgrade the kernel without having to clone the OS from internal flash again. So the question is:

How do I upgrade the kernel to the latest version without reinstalling when running the OS from MMC?

Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
for upgrading kernel it doesn't matter whether you boot from mmc or internal flash, these are two completely unrelated things

If you really need to PM me with troubleshooting question please consider posting it to the forum instead. It is OK to PM me a link to such post then. Thank you.

Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
there is only one kernel and it always remains in its own partition in internal flash no matter what system you boot

If you really need to PM me with troubleshooting question please consider posting it to the forum instead. It is OK to PM me a link to such post then. Thank you.