Oh no, not Thanksgiving day - actually got it the day before thanksgiving.

I had ordered on Nov 16th, and then after the verification process they put me on backorder with estimated ship date of 26th. But they actually shiipped on Nov 19th (got the email confirm with tracking no) and finally landed on my door on 21st.

So pretty good experience.

APOLOGIES TO *LET'S TALK* EMPLOYEES

I dumped on these folks in a previous post. Today, I called and tried again to make my purchase. Their computer system was still messed up, but the people were great! They worked their ****'s off for over an hour trying everything to make the system work. Finally, they succeeded. Way to go people!

I got the discount too. Thanks for the tip.

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ oakland
Let's Talk sucks!

I ordered my n810 on november 16th just like Nilchak above. not only am I still waiting for it, they can't even figure out if they sent it or not. for three weeks my account said "Ready to Ship!", with the shipment date pushing forward each day. Finally last wednesday (12/5) it changed to "Shipped", via 2-day UPS. Here I am six business days later, calling them everyday, and they can't even find the tracking number. their shipping department is "closed" every time I call, and they promise to figure it out and call me back, but so far it's just me calling them. if it weren't for the discount i would just cancel the order. what a waste.

WOW. This ordering process with them is such a HASSLE.
Almost not worth saving the money. This isn't something that's worth thousands of dollars. They could simply the whole process by shipping to billing address only.

This whole verification process -- even if you're shipping to the same billing address is a joke. Plus, they stated I have to call Amex to speed up the charge by telling them there's a pending charge from them.

So far, I've been on the phone a total of 30 minutes with them.

They're also currently out-of-stock on 12/12/2007. And should be receiving another shipment by December 19th.

Btw, as of today (December 12th) -- the $75 discount is still good with free 2-day shipping.

Posts: 31 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Toronto, ON Canada
Has anyone tried this with Nokia's Canadian division?

Posts: 130 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Maine & Florida - USA
As an aside about security questions.

Last week I placed a nice internet order (equal to several N810) with a merchant I hadn't shopped at before. Only the standard info was asked - as in billing address, mailing address, phone number & CC # - (no ID or SSN) and the next day was asked to call in to confirm my order.

During the call a live person asked me three multiple choice questions based on my credit history. I didn't have the specific credit card used long enough to have my address 5 years ago in this card's history, nor would another question have been asked via the CC ... so they get some kind of access to your credit history through the CC & address info given.

That just to say that the letstalk SSN # verification process is ... unneeded.

And calling my CC company to let them know there will be a charge? You've got to be kidding me. I did that once for a real sizable dollar amount (biggest single purchase ever with new merchant) which they probably would've objected to. But, for an internet tablet, I don't think so.

Letstalk can take a hike, afaiac.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I went through the whole Let's Talk rigamarole and got my device finally. I'm not too concerned with their process, but if that's how it will be with other vendors sooner than later, I'll stop shopping online.

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ oakland
sorry to keep ragging on Let's Talk, but I want people to know what they may be in for if they order through Nokia: finally, after my order was marked "shipped" for a solid week, they admitted to me that it had never shipped, and was really on backorder. I ordered it on November 16th, same day as several people above. it took me three days of calling multiple times to get this information. I cancelled my order and asked for an immediate refund. i'm happy for all you who got your tablets, but this has been extremely disappointing for me.