Active Topics

So, I installed pidgin last night. whenever I click the pidgin icon in the top right corner, my desktop temporarily crashes. all the icons on the left side of the desktop disappear, until I activate the top drop down, and then click back on the background. (then the app loads and my left hand icons reappear). has anyone had this problem? and the net seems to be going rather slow now. but that probubly a network connection issue. thoughts?

Yep - having the exact same issue. I'm not noticing the slowness issue, but the Pidgin issue happens everytime.

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Australia
I didn't think it was crashing as such, just blanking out part of the screen when it try's to redraw the desktop, I could be wrong though.

but its not just Pidgin, the exact same behavior is happing in Transmission bit torrent program, seems to be a bug in the desktop tray to me, some programs are unaffected such as Xchat for OS2008.

Also I've notices the transparency for icons in the tray don't seem to function either, leaving a white Box with the icon in it.

Cheers
Rip

Agreed. There's definitely an issue with Pidgin's status bar icon. I couldn't figure out how to express it to search or post, but the descriptions above are spot on. It comes back if you click somewhere else, so it's not a show stopper, but it is annoying.

yes, its annoying because other than that pidgin works fine. just hate the feeling knowing that it bugs out my icon tray every time i hit that launch icon. (and the icon itself looks outof place without the transparency...) wish there was a way to fix it. otherwise i'm happy with the program.

was considering that jabber app for msn. but couldnt get it to work. might try again tonight.