Hi,

just wanted to introduce myself. I've been one of those just lurking around here but decided to go ahead and register.

I'm just a guy, born and raised and living in Sweden.
I recently bought a N810. It was kind of an impulse purchase and at the same time not. I had been eyeing the N810 for a while and it suddenly appeared in stock at an internetshop. I agonized for a while whether or not I should buy it. Then suddenly one was bought (out of three) so I panicked and bought one!

I really like it but I'm not using it that much at the moment. I'm not sure where it fits in my life right now. I have an iPod that I would like to transition from (and eventually sell) and use the IT as my main player of both music and movies (but I'm waiting for microSD cards with bigger capacity to land).
But the main reason I bought it was to have an e-book reader and I think that FBReader works great for that. I'm a little disappointed with the built in PDF reader. I have not found it to be usable as a e-book reader for PDFs as the font is to small to read and if I zoom in I have to scroll around. Evince is a little better but still not great for e-books.

What else can I say about the N810?
Great screen! I like the webbrowser and the RSS reader.
I'm liking sDict, Video Center, Mplayer and Canola2.
Build quality is good too expect for when I shake the N810 gently (or violently for that matter) it sounds as something is a bit loose. I think it might be the stylus and also the gap between the upper and lower part that are making some sounds. No biggie I guess

That wraps it up I guess. Got any questions? Just ask.

/A.Anastasis

Last edited by A.Anastasis; 2008-02-09 at 10:51. Reason: Clarification of the title

I've just been shaking my N810 to see if it rattles, and the sound seems to come from the battery cover. If I take the cover off the rattling stops.

Glad to hear you're using third party apps, a lot of people think they have to use what comes with the tablet.

I agonized for a while whether or not I should buy it. Then suddenly one was bought (out of three) so I panicked and bought one!
LOL, what a great way to decide what to buy!

A blob of Blu-Tack under the cover sorted out the rattling from my N800.
Agro ... : |#---------] Relic(s) : N900, MacBookPro, NSLU2, N800, SheevaPlug, Eee-901, Core2-Quad, PS3
"In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they're not."
--
Beware of extras-devel.

@krisse: I tried that too and have identified that the sounds come from both the battery cover and stylus. No problem for me though, just an observation

Oh, well I almost don't use the built in apps...I'm thinking of the built IM, Skype, Gizmo etc.
I wish I could develop apps and get enjoyment out of it but I'm more of an artist. But I think my skills are too low-level to be of any use to the community.

Haha yes. But I had done extensive research on the net beforehand. I always do that. Almost to the point where I tire myself and don't wanna buy anything at all.