I dropped N800 two times on cement from 1.20-1.30m and countless times on rugs at home. In places where it hit cement plastic is deeply scratched but no more damages.

Posts: 243 | Thanked: 172 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ silicon valley
I've dropped mine more times than I can count - linoleum, hardwood floor, concrete to the point where the back and front cover are a little loose but otherwise none the worse for wear (until the screen breaks I suppose...)

Just accidently knocked it down from my stand onto my dorm floor. No damage except the charging pin got bent a little (can't seem to straigten it back out with pliers).

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 107 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ New Jersey
I'm so paranoid of dropping or scratching mine (it's slid out of the soft pouch many times but never dropped) that I got one of those $5 silicone skins and an ExpertShield screen protector (both direct from Hong Kong).

The silicone skin is certainly not flattering but it does the job. I only remove it to swap removable SD cards.

You could remove the kickstand (two screws), and rip it a new hole for the SD; more importantly (for me) you could do one for the USB, but I use the kickstand too much, anyway.