Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by allnameswereout View Post
Carman allows you to set the position and download the OpenStreetMap data of the surrounding area. That way, you have the maps you need and don't need an active internet connection. Does this option exist for Maemo Mapper as well?
Maemo Mapper has been doing this since mid-2006. In the "Maps" menu, select "Manage Maps..." to bring up the "Manage Maps" dialog, which lets you download maps in bulk either by area or along a route. Then turn off your internet connection and away you go.

Originally Posted by MiBi View Post
@st5150 and gnuite,

i have the exact same problem as st5150. As a workaround, i found 2 methods that worked for me:

1. you can start the gps with wayfinder maps and then start maemomapper. Both apps can be opened at the same time, the gps is "shared".

2. you can also try to deactivate your gps in the Maemo-Setting-Menu (the one with the wrench, not sure about english name it's called "Einstellungen" on my german device) , confirm with O.K. and then reactivate and confirm again with O.K. There seems to be a problem with the GPS-Status / Handler after reboot and switching seems to fix the problem.

Gnuite, you can try to reproduce this behaviour when you reboot your device (perharps power off/on is needed, not sure) and then start maemomapper and enable gps in maemomapper.

Hope this helps.

One more thing: i am using the "offline-mode" quite often. Not sure if this affects the gps or only the wifi...

Cheers MiBi

Thanks, I found out the same trick of running wayfinder and maemo mapper at the same time. Seems to be the only fix. I'm not sure I understood your second option, but I tried what I thought you meant and it didn't work. Anyone else have a problem getting Maemo Mapper to talk to the GPS? Uninstalling the app doesn't seem to remove everything. I wonder if removing all the files left behind and reinstalling maemo mapper will fix this problem. There was a point several several months ago where maemo mapper did see the GPS.

Posts: 166 | Thanked: 106 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by jlu View Post
About localization: at least the Finnish localization still does not work (the UI is shown in English). I have the same problem with my application (fuelpad), which is due to the autobuilder somehow acting differently compared to my scratchbox installation. There are other applications also suffering from the same (at least leafpad) but also many autobuilder built ones which have a working localization (at least omweather, maemopadplus and aisleriot from gnome-games). I have tried to compare my packaging to the working ones, but haven't figured the reason out. I also raised this issue in maemo-developers mailing list, but didn't got a braking answer.
Problem solved:

https://garage.maemo.org/tracker/ind...id=29&atid=185

i can no longer download routes. i keep getting a "generic error". Can anyone help?