Hi Forum

I did do a search before posting this.

I have version V 4.2007.38-2 of the N800 op system (I don't want to upgrade - thanks). What is the best or standard browser for the Tab - is it Opera 8.5??

And where can I download the latest browser version (for 4.2007.38.2)??

I'm sure all you experts out there will be able to advise?

Thanks.

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
IT OS 2008 ships MicroB Browser. IT OS 2007 shipped Opera 8.5.
If you run 4.2007.38.2 you already have the latest browser version for exactly that release. ;-)

Newer versions of application X often require newer versions of system library Y. So if you don't want to upgrade your system it will probably become quite hackish.

Posts: 643 | Thanked: 628 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Seattle (or thereabouts)
Originally Posted by n800fm View Post
Hi Forum

I did do a search before posting this.

I have version V 4.2007.38-2 of the N800 op system (I don't want to upgrade - thanks). What is the best or standard browser for the Tab - is it Opera 8.5??

And where can I download the latest browser version (for 4.2007.38.2)??

I'm sure all you experts out there will be able to advise?

Thanks.
The latest browser comes with the latest release of the OS. If you don't want to upgrade you don't get the latest browser. There are a couple other browsers out for the newest version of the OS, but for a version from 2007, I think whatever you have installed is your only choice.

-John

Thanks for the infomation guys - most helpful....;-)

For what it's worth, the upgrade to Diablo is really quite painless, assuming you've kept all your personal data on one of the SD cards.

R.
==.