Active Topics

I'm booting from the internal flash and I have a few side effects. I partitioned the internal card into 2 one gb partitions, one that's housing the OS and another that's a fat partition for connecting to the computer via usb and putting on the maps for gps, etc.

When I'm booted from flash and try to access the second internal partition via usb, it won't connect saying the internal card is in use. That's not exactly true, as the partition itself is not in use...is this normal? I can access it fine via usb when I boot off of flash

Also, I am now having issues with Maemo Mapper and GPS. The internal gps seems to work fine for the included Map application, but Maemo mapper keeps scanning for the device and it will flash on and off in the top toolbar. Anyone know anything about that?

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
I believe that your experience about being able to access that partition only when you boot from flash is normal. At least it's the same for me

Also, you might just want to try SSH/WinSCP to access files (if you're a Windows user). It doesn't care how you booted. I thought it was complicated, but it's very simple. Bunanson provided great instructions on how to do it.

thanks for the tip. for now I'll just put stuff on my external card and transfer if I need to or boot into flash if I don't end up wiping it (still haven't found out if this is safe or not)

As for the maemo mapper thing, I found out that the fix is to select bluetooth and have it empty to see the internal GPS. Very strange.

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Hi, you can solve this also by following the instructions here: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=17689

hope it helps.