Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
Is there any way , when viewing the shard folders on my windows computers on my network for the filemanager not to display C$ , D$ and so forth? On my main computer these go to L$ before it shows any of my actual shard folders. This behavior is very annoying and unnecessary and will do anything I can to get it to stop. Any ideas?

Anyone? Surely I cant be the only person who this behavior annoys.

Posts: 488 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Asgard / Midgard / London
I'm not sure exactly what you're doing here, but if you map the folder to a drive, it will show up as <drive letter>: in Windows Explorer.

I have only shard a specific folders, not the root of a drive, every drive that is connected to my pc including memory card slots with nothing in them, and a virtual dvd drive from daemon tools shows up

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
The C$ etc. shares are the so-called "admin" shares on every Windows PC. I'm not sure why you're seeing them, though, as the dollar is supposed to hide them from the UI (a bit like files/folders starting with a . in Unix).

Does anybody else see them on their network? I have a windows xp and a now windows 7 machine on my network, and I see them on both computers, and my windows 7 coputer used to be Vista, and I always seen them on there as well.