Posts: 177 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Apr 2006 @ Wirral, UK
I am shortsighted and so can view small screens from close so I always find stuck pixels...

They are small and show only on a black screen in a dark room when tilting the screen about but I have 5 or 6 of them. With the brightness level reduced to max-1 I can just make out one so I think I'll keep it unless other problems occur.

A lot of devices have them but with high resolution small screens they are not very striking so they don't bother most people.

It would be useful to know Nokia's pixel policy, has anyone got that info?

Posts: 253 | Thanked: 184 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Bristol, UK
I got 3 or 4 but you're right, they're rarely noticeable. The worst thing about them is knowing that my N900 isn't perfect - it's more psychologically irritating than visually irritating!

Even if I was eligible for a return it'd be hard to justify.

Posts: 999 | Thanked: 1,117 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ earth?
Do not know what definitive policy is but a thread in the following link shows a user's experience.

message "5"...
http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/...sage.id=147897

However, the stuck pixel was in the middle of the screen and Nokia were willing to replace/repair it.

Well, I've called Nokia Care and explained that the new N900 had 6 stuck pixels with 3 close to the centre of the screen. The person I spoke with was quite nice and offered either a refund (which takes 2-5 days after they receive and evaluate the problem) or a replacement and I went with the latter one. Apparently they get stock weekly so I am hoping for delivery soon. This is all through Nokia Online Store.

Sour first experience but the support so far is great.

Gah, got a group of stuck white pixels right in the middle of my screen.

My replacement has arrived today and it is not any better. The first thing I noticed was a speck of dust inside the screen above the pixels layer, clearly visible on a white screen (Google page). Then I've put the brightness to maximum and tried to count (!) the stuck pixels in a dark room... I have given up soon as I have at least 10-15 of them. When gently tilting around the screen it looks like the starry sky. At least none of them are too bright so might not interfere for most with daily use.

The trouble is that £500 is too much money for my perfectionist self to accept such mistakes. I have 14 working days to decide what to do though.

I'll look around on the market for alternatives in the meantime. It's really sad, I liked my 770 and N800 but it seems I have to move on.

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
used a magnifier glass to search for dead pixels... not one!!