Posts: 143 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Abuja, Nigeria
Hi guys I just got my N900 and its just blows ( more on that in another thread). I owned the N810 before so as always first thing i did was to setup the proxy settings from my school however I was unable to get the application manager to refresh it brings up this error saying
Code:
application list partially refreshed some catagories unavailable
.. I can always using the terminal by doing export http_proxy and do an apt-get update but i dont think it would be ideal. anyone else having this problem?

My Blog

It seems it is only the default nokia repository that is giving me problem because I was able to add and update the maemo extra repo and even install applications from it .. however the system says it was only able to do a partial refresh spitting out the following error

Code:
https://downloads.maemo.nokia.com/fremantle/002/./Packages could not resolve host: downloads.maemo.nokia.com ( domain name not found)

My Blog

it was a dns issue. I had to manually set the dns everything works fine now

My Blog

ok I guess i was too fast. I am still having the same problem. refreshing the maemo extra repo works very well. only the default nokia repo gives me this error

ttps://downloads.maemo.nokia.com/fremantle/002/./Packages could not resolve host: downloads.maemo.nokia.com ( domain name not found)

however doing an sudo apt-get update from commandline works very fine. I really dont understand how am able to update using apt-get and it works fine and same fails using the application manager.

My Blog

Ok I think i definitely fixed it this time. all i did was to use the ip address and not the host name of my proxy server and it seem to work fine.

My Blog

The Following User Says Thank You to bigbrovar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 87 | Thanked: 88 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Beijing
Originally Posted by bigbrovar View Post
Ok I think i definitely fixed it this time. all i did was to use the ip address and not the host name of my proxy server and it seem to work fine.
Since you can't thank yourself for solving your problem for you I thought I'd help out

The Following User Says Thank You to freppas For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by freppas View Post
Since you can't thank yourself for solving your problem for you I thought I'd help out
One good turn, deserves another

My Blog

i am using proxy in my school for the wi-fi on my N900. application manager unable to download the application. Refreshing app lists working fine... problem is only with downloading...

wat should i do..

Banned | Posts: 695 | Thanked: 308 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ originally pakistan ,now in china
how to play banned sites in china on n900?
any proxy applications?
has any one heard of ( I-SWIFTER ) ipad 2 application..looking for something like that ..hope community works for the best interest of N900
vote for it

Last edited by prankster; 2011-05-24 at 09:51.