Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Originally Posted by jkq View Post
Agreed. So, can I set that bug to "CONFIRMED" or do I just vote for it? I'm pretty new to this bugzilla stuff.
I'd say: change to CONFIRMED (as in, you've independently confirmed the bug), and vote for it if you think it's important ;-)

Posts: 251 | Thanked: 131 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ USA
Originally Posted by Jaffa View Post
I'd say: change to CONFIRMED (as in, you've independently confirmed the bug), and vote for it if you think it's important ;-)
It's already in "NEW", so I only voted for it.

-jkq
Agro ... : [***-------] Relic(s) : N900

Posts: 559 | Thanked: 1,017 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Finland
I finally got all my cover art transferred to the phone. I used the method described in this thread (cover.jpg in the folder). I originally had the cover art in iTunes and made jpegs out of iTunes itc-files with Irfanview's batch edit mode and then transferred the images to album folders manually.

Some remarks: cover art does not become visible in any folders that have other audio formats (in my case ogg, flac, MPEG-4 Audio file) than mp3 present. I suppose this is a feature, not a bug?

Also, some cover art does not became visible, no matter what I do. I have only mp3's and a cover.jpg in the folder, have refreshed Tracker, still nothing. However, the Image viewer seems to find these pictures. I am probably experiencing the same bug that Jaffa discovered.

On couple of albums I also have some ghost cover art that comes to haunt me: Mediamonkey added a wrong album cover to two of my albums and I can't get rid of it even with mp3tag-program: I fix the idtags with right cover art (even embed it to file), remove the .mediaartlocal-folder from album folder, refresh the tracker and still the wrong image comes back...

Anyway, about 75% of my albums have now visible cover art, I can live with that.

Last edited by OVK; 2009-12-31 at 12:24. Reason: Typos

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Originally Posted by OVK View Post
Also, some cover art does not became visible, no matter what I do. I have only mp3's and a cover.jpg in the folder, have refreshed Tracker, still nothing. However, the Image viewer seems to find these pictures. I am probably experiencing the same bug that Jaffa discovered.

On couple of albums I also have some ghost cover art that comes to haunt me: Mediamonkey added a wrong album cover to two of my albums and I can't get rid of it even with mp3tag-program: I fix the idtags with right cover art (even embed it to file), remove the .mediaartlocal-folder from album folder, refresh the tracker and still the wrong image comes back...
I've the same problems.
the missing coverart is caused by an empty .jpeg file in the .mediaartlocal-folder.
but I don't know why there are some wrong covers...

The Following User Says Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
I worked overly hard to get cover art for all the music on my device.

Here's what I did

Step 1: Cut and paste all of the music from my .sounds folder to my desktop on my PC. (Because simply adding the cover art file with the filename 'cover.jpg' doesn't update the covers of music already on the device)

Step 2: Downloaded all of my missing cover art and saved it into the folder of each album or mixtape with the filename 'cover.jpg'. In cases where I already had the cover art but the filename was in the wrong format, I renamed it. For albums that already correctly displayed the correct cover art, I left them alone.

Step 3: Reloaded all the music onto my device.

Now my Music Library looks like this http://twitpic.com/vnqb5

Posts: 116 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Leeds, UK
Although I dont get my N900 until Tuesday, I like to be prepared, and sorting out the album art for my music, all ready to drag over, is quite high up my list (nothing better then an collection all with album art!)

However, my knowledge of 'embedding' ect is pretty limited, so I'll tell you what position im in, and if someone could hit me with a 'yeah it'll show' or 'no it wont' id appreciate it.

So. I use Itunes. I hate it, but I have an iphone/ipod. Every single music file on their has album art associated with it, either already embedded when I downloaded it, or manually done by downloading the missing cover, and sticking it in the properties for the album art.

So my ipod, when synced (sunc?) displays it all.

20 mins ago i downloaded media monkey, as its been advised. All my files again show with the correct album art. However, when i got to properties of the art, the image type is 'not specified'.

Now, as per the advice on page 4, do I have to manually change that 'not specified' to 'cover.front'?, or will it show?

Im simply looking to hook my N900 up via USB, and drag and drop my music onto it.

So from what I've said, any advice? And I know I could simply wait until I get it, but as I said, I like to be prepared.

(And one last thing. Lets say I drag over a few files just to test. And they dont show the art. If I delete them off the phone, then reset the tracker (using the xterm command that has been banded about) will I then be back to square 1? Obviously thats what I would want)

Thanks for any advice!

Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
I've filed two albumart related bugs (with patches!):
- If you want the media player to properly show cover.jpg or folder.jpg album art for non-mp3 files, https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=9316
- https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=9317 causes the "i get no cover.jpg album art if the .mediaartlocal folder exists, no matter how many times I restart tracker" issue.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post: