Notices

Posts: 161 | Thanked: 209 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Edinburgh
Bluefish is a great HTML (and not only) editor. Version 2.0 is on the way. It'd be nice to have it ported to Maemo5/N900. Anyone willing to do that?

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
From the screenshots, this looks a bit hard to make working on a finger-friendly mobile device. The UI would need to be considerably overhauled.

Posts: 47 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Bolton, United Kingdom
Originally Posted by pelago View Post
From the screenshots, this looks a bit hard to make working on a finger-friendly mobile device. The UI would need to be considerably overhauled.

I concur.

The Following User Says Thank You to Lord Awesome For This Useful Post:
IMHO if something can't easily be made finger friendly, it should be left looking like the desktop version. Having to use the stylus is not a problem when it gives us functionality beyond the alternatives.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to livefreeordie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 47 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Bolton, United Kingdom
It's not so bad once the toolbars are disabled. I'd have a crack at the GUI myself if I had a clue where to begin.

I've found something like this http://wiki.maemo.org/Documentation/...ion_to_Maemo_5 but I don't have a clue about programming.

Now, when Bluefish 2.0 is out (http://bluefish.openoffice.nl/index.html), is anyone willing to port it to N900?

oh yes, please, port bluefish. Any version would do, IMHO.
For the GUI, removing the icons would be a good start. But how to organize the menu? Not easy.
I use Bluefish as my preferred editor on Mac OS X and all kinds of Linux all the time.

Necroing this thread because I would love even an old copy of Bluefish for my N900. I don't have any idea how to compile stuff.

Or is there an alternative beyond FTP+leafpad?

The Following User Says Thank You to _David_ For This Useful Post: