Notices

I have the N900 for three days and my battery never lasts for more than 4 hours... Despite not internet connexion, no bluetooth, no gps, and low communications (gsm).
I've installed Conky today and can see that Calendar is continuously eating up 65% of CPU. Can this explain why my battery is so bad?
If yes:
- if I kill Calendar's pid it keeps coming back again and eating all cpu. how to kill it for good?
- how to desinstall/reinstall calendar?
- how to remove/replace calendar? Are there other calendar application?

Calendar is quite bad anyway, very slow, calendar alarms are frequently freezing the n900. May be another calendar application would be better?

Posts: 287 | Thanked: 127 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Sweden
Try a reflash to make sure your calendar binary isn't screwed somehow. It should keep user settings but making a backup beforehand never hurts anyway. If it's still the same, that certainly sounds like a bug which should be filed here. Make sure to include exact and relevant info when filing a bug.

There's currently no way to remove the included calendar app, and I'm not sure how it could be disabled either. But really, it should not do what it does on your device so fixing it is the better solution.

Last edited by floffe; 2010-01-07 at 15:22.

Tags
battery drain, calendar