Is anyone else finding their N800 to be much harder to hold onto than your N770? I find the thing positively wants to leap from my hands. With the rounded corners and smooth back (the N770 had a fine ridged pattern along the top to provide traction) I find myself with more than a few "near misses" and aborted falls after only a few days of ownership. I find the new case, (if you can call it that), with the smooth fabric insides and no drawstring actually contributes to the problem.

I sure hope someone comes up with some good 3rd party cases quick, cause my N800 is not going to survive long at this rate.

Has anyone tried any of the paint-on rubber products like plasti-dip in a similar application to provide better traction for personal electronics?

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Haven't had that problem. Both housings appear to be made from the same material. Also, the slightly larger and heavier aspects of the N800 actually serve to help me hold it better. I also will occasionally flip out the stand to get a better grip when needed.

The Following User Says Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Hasn't been a problem for me either - I find the hump at the top acts as an effective "jam" under which I keep my index and middle finger which prevents the N800 from slipping.

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
I have had no problems with it, I kind of like when I am moving around alot, I will open the stand and use it to get and extra tight hold on it. Concerns about drops are a worry though, that 770 case saved me at least twice from about 4 feet onto hard ground.

Posts: 116 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ OC, CA
You could try open the stand a bit and sticking that between your fingers.

It's a feature Nokia invented to make sure you will buy more than 1 unit.