Active Topics

Hi all. Long time, no chat. Anywho, I was up at CES this year and during my time there I visited the Astak booth, and they showed me the prototype to a brand new 7" MID device running Android. It's supposed to be called the "Spectrum", so keep your eyes pealed. It looks to give the n8x and n900 series a run for their money.

The Following User Says Thank You to Lord Raiden For This Useful Post:
This doesn't interest anyone? Yes, I know I don't have pics and details, but I'm still working on them. I'd give you a picture of it from the floor at CES, but the picture didn't come out. However, I do have a consolation prize. This video here shows their 7" ebook reader that's coming out. Directly to it's right is the 7" mid. It's jet black and not powered on at the time, but it runs Linux, or Android, and from the brief time I got to play with it, the sucker looks to easily give Maemo a run for its money.

The Following User Says Thank You to Lord Raiden For This Useful Post:
Posts: 279 | Thanked: 293 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Italy
Are you sure? I just love my n900 :P

It's not lack of interest, per se. More like overdosing.

Back in the day every small, non-windows machine made a splash in the Competitors section. But at this here CES there were so many announcement/rumours/secret showings of 5-to7" tablets that even an addict's eyes would glaze over.

Not to mention that most such news bites were suspiciously light on actual specs and details, let alone launch dates and prices.

We all know from experience that 99% of these gizmos are just prototypes made just to gauge public interest, and will never see the inside of a shipping box.

Right now, I prefer a N900 in my pocket, flaws 'n all.

The Following User Says Thank You to fpp For This Useful Post: