Active Topics

Notices

I've been looking for a simple SDL game example for Maemo (mostly so that I can see how to set up the build environment) ... anyhow, I finally found one (called "reverzi"), and managed to build it, but ... still can't get the i386 version to build needed for the emulator (debugging environment ... I suppose it's not really an emulator). I'm familiar with make, but not autotools. So here's my request: please generate a simple makefile that will build both i386 and armel variants, produce the appropriate .deb's, and install them. The project is here:

https://garage.maemo.org/frs/?group_...release_id=193

.. and when you're done, please share. I've only ever used GCC on Windows, and then with an IDE (most) of the time, and I've found setting up a working build environment for a simple SDL template app (draw a bitmap to the screen, or something similar) to be *incredibly* frustrating. *sigh*.

I like to code. I want to make a tower defense game. I have the skill to write said code ... but setting up the build & debugging environment is driving me bonkers.