Active Topics

Posts: 883 | Thanked: 980 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Bern, Switzerland
Darius2006: I know your on another mission right now, but it is generally considered highly impolite to hijack a thread by posting other, quite unrelated questions.

"the idea of truly having a computer in your pocket just moved a big step closer."

The Following User Says Thank You to twaelti For This Useful Post:
Posts: 883 | Thanked: 980 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Bern, Switzerland
Originally Posted by rambo View Post
Basically I have a hildon.Button (also tried with plain gtk.Button) and I want to change the background color between red and green based on state changes.

1. Put the whole button inside eventbox and change eventbox background (the "official" GTK workaround to the fact that buttons do not generally allow background to be messed with), does "nothing" (ie the button with the default background and all is drawn on top of the eb).

2. Put the first child of the hildon.Button (gtk.Alignment) inside the eventbox: makes ugly mess where there is rectangular box inside the button area with the gray button borders visible, click only works if done in the gray border (i guess the eventbox could be connected to the signals as well, but since this looks fugly I didn't bother experimenting with that).
I spent yesterday evening right on the same problem, fighting with eventbox et. al., but couldn't yet find a solution.
Depending on your GUI layout, you might try to work with a gtk.Toolbar(), which then accepts a gtk.ToolButton() with an icon.
And this might help, too: PyGTK FAQ, How do I create buttons that contain a pixmap?

"the idea of truly having a computer in your pocket just moved a big step closer."

Last edited by twaelti; 2010-02-12 at 08:53.

Originally Posted by twaelti View Post
Darius2006: I know your on another mission right now, but it is generally considered highly impolite to hijack a thread by posting other, quite unrelated questions.
@twaelti

You are completely wrong.
I am not on a mission as I am not a missionary.

lizardo is the right man for python questions on maemo and he was so kind to provide me with necessary python for diablo repository web link.
As number of python threads on maemo is today limited to very few, my question was highly relevant.

You developed maeMaps for N900 and I asked you about a version working on 770, as Nokia provided 770 owners with excellent OS 2008He upgrade, coming with GPS location.

You PM responded:
"
I'm unable and not interested :-)
"

"
I'm just not interested in outdated technology ;-)
"
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...hlight=maeMaps
you said:

"
For more independence, you can download it to your device and store it locally in MyDocs, then launch it through the File Manager and bookmark it from inside the Browser (Sometime in the future, I might package it for installation through the App manager). It also works on OS2008, as the location bar only covers the bottom line of the page.

It uses the Google Maps API v3, so no need for an API key.
"
maeMaps doesn't work launched locally as it does exactly come with API key as any Google Maps based app.

You are hereby requested to admit that you are sorry.

================
Nokia 770 Revitalization

Last edited by Darius2006; 2010-02-12 at 22:58.

If all of you would please stay on topic from now on or open a new thread where you can discusss each others etiquette errors and other deficiencies.

Darious, you can also open new threads for python development discussion, PM me if you wish my comments to some thread (though I'm not really an expert).

Originally Posted by rambo View Post

Darious, you can also open new threads for python development discussion, PM me if you wish my comments to some thread (though I'm not really an expert).
@rambo
thanks for your kind offer

Posts: 405 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London, UK
At the risk of exhuming a long-dead thread, the answer to the semi-original question is to do a gtk_widget_set_name to hildon-accept-button-thumb (or finger) or hildon-reject-button-thumb (or finger) to trigger the red and green colours from the phone app.
Be aware though that obviously you are the mercy of theme makers as to whether the buttons will actually be red and green.