Posts: 290 | Thanked: 132 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ New York City
Looks like Maemo 6 will be running on the N900 after all . . . watch the video !!!!

http://zchydem.enume.net/?p=561

Last edited by mrebanza; 2010-02-14 at 22:25.

not sure if that's maemo 6, it's certainly a demo of the qt ui extensions (i suppose maemo 6 will be based on that, but i'm not an expert )

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
running is one thing...working is totally different thing. but it looks good.

not bad but i think it will be to slow u.i could use some more attractive visuals thats for sure compared to present.

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Espoo, Finland
Originally Posted by mrebanza View Post
Looks like Maemo 6 will be running on the N900 after all . . . watch the video !!!!
Um, no. I'm not saying Harmattan won't come for N900, but this has nothing to do with it.

The demo is about Uiemo, aka Orbit, aka the Symbian Qt framework, not about Maemo6. What can be inferred from this video is that future Symbian Qt apps might work quite easily on Maemo, which is of course a very good thing.

Then again, I might mention that the Maemo 6 UI framework has been released on gitorius even before, so I doubt that's going to be the problem. What might be the problem with Harmattan apps on N900 is how Nokia wants to handle DRM...

Well, my 2c anyway. I might have confused some things over the way, the whole Harmattan/Qt -thing is anything but clear right now.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hukka For This Useful Post:
That isn't maemo 6, that video has nothing to do with the OS, just the UI.

Maemo 6 is most likely not coming to the N900. And unless someone very high up explicitly states that it will, I'd take every rumor and article you see with a grain of salt.

Originally Posted by Lazarpandar View Post
That isn't maemo 6, that video has nothing to do with the OS, just the UI.

Maemo 6 is most likely not coming to the N900. And unless someone very high up explicitly states that it will, I'd take every rumor and article you see with a grain of salt.
Why "most likely not"?