Active Topics

Hey all. A lot of you know me as a fairly prolific author and writer. And while I've been somewhat silent here in the not too distant past (mostly because my NIT is kinda on life support) I've been very busy in other areas. One of those is book publishing. In fact, I've gotten 3 total published. Oddly, I had to switch publishers before things really took off (ps, Amazon blows as a publisher).

Needless to say though, I've got some leftovers that I thought you guys might be interested in. Well, I can't really call them leftovers, as that makes them sound cheap. Essentially what I've got is a collection of limited edition copies of my novel, The Oort Perimeter. They're limited because only 207 were ever printed before I killed my contract with Amazon. (I've done more sales in one week with my new publisher than I did my whole five months with Amazon! Yeah, they suck that bad.)

I've also got a whole brand new cover now, thanks to my new publisher, and thus the old version of "The Oort Perimeter", the one originally printed by Amazon with the original blue cover, has now become a limited edition version, and thus will be worth some money in the future, and makes a nice collectable.

I've also got a limited edition of sorts with another book if anyone wants a copy of that too. It's called The Dreamland Articles (book 1) and it's a limited edition with only 300 copies in existence. What makes it limited is that the first printing, 300 total, had a few easily identifiable typos in them that were fixed in future printings. So that makes them special.

So if anyone wants one, you can grab them from my site. (You can also order "Destiny's Mission, the sequel to "The Oort Perimeter" while you're there if you want.) Just be sure to put "Limited edition cover" in the dedication text box so I know that's the one you want.

I really hope you guys like these. I only posted this because so many of you expressed interest in my books and many of you really enjoy my writing. So I'm doing this as a favor to everyone here who's a fan of my writing. FYI: The proceeds from these sales go to help open source.

Posts: 336 | Thanked: 610 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ France
Born of a need to protect their homeworld, Earthfleet, the military arm of the Society, struggles continuously to ensure the safety of Earth and all who live on it. But a dark force moves within the galaxy, one who wishes to use Earth as a pawn in its quest for power. In a struggle for survival, the Society, Earthfleet and their allies must race against time to uncover the identity of this dark force, before it can destroy Earth, and the nine races. Failure means extinction of the human race.
So you finally got around writing that book-length slashfiction about the Jedis and Darth Vador's death-star?

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
The Kindle market might be a better option for selling with Amazon. At least you wouldn't have any leftover books...

Originally Posted by CrashandDie View Post
So you finally got around writing that book-length slashfiction about the Jedis and Darth Vador's death-star?
ROFL! I don't write fan fiction. I write my own unique works based on my own unique universe.
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
The Kindle market might be a better option for selling with Amazon. At least you wouldn't have any leftover books...
Yeah, we're trying to get into the Kindle market to sell the book itself. I just don't have Amazon as my publisher anymore. They published my first book, but were so bad at what they did that I had to move to another publisher in order to get any sales. As I said, I sold more in my first week with my new publisher than the entire 5 months I was with Amazon. I am now published through 2 Moon Publishing. They're a local, small town publisher who really knows how to get things done. I've already got almost every single Saturday booked out for the next 3 months, and will soon have my M-F booked out as well.

Posts: 144 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Detroit
I liked the Oort Perimeter, will definitely order the sequel to it.

I'll bite.

Edit: I bit. Couldn't think of a dedication text, though.

Last edited by volt; 2010-02-16 at 09:17.

Hey, thanks to everyone who grabbed a copy. Yours should be in the mail already and on their way to your place.

I'd love to buy a copy, but I'd likely crash doing 120mph on cruise control and reading at the same time. Now, if you ever put the titles in Audio Book format, you let me know, and I'll buy a copy of each if I like them.

I'm actually working on that. We hit a snag with production on them, so it'll be a little while. Besides, why would you be reading a book while driving? Is it your only freetime!?