Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 470 | Thanked: 173 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Melb
love it!

type-ity-type-type

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
hehe still up for doing it - just facing the reality of normal life versus coding
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

The Following User Says Thank You to noobmonkey For This Useful Post:
?? dd the development stop...? anyways i would like 2 help by testing it

Posts: 2,154 | Thanked: 2,186 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hellsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by noobmonkey View Post
hehe still up for doing it - just facing the reality of normal life versus coding
Real life? What is that? Something to eat?

80's style stadium rock is back - FIRENOTE
Hi-Octane heavy metal - FORCE MAJEURE

Originally Posted by aldevil View Post
?? dd the development stop...? anyways i would like 2 help by testing it
It never started

I started the ball rolling by asking for ideas - and well - no one else has actually said anything yet :P
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

The Following User Says Thank You to noobmonkey For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,161 | Thanked: 1,707 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by noobmonkey View Post
It never started

I started the ball rolling by asking for ideas - and well - no one else has actually said anything yet :P
Then i will try to keep it rolling

I would like to be able to change icons in the statusarea and desktop bar area with an easy to use GUI and all small icons around the OS. Example: close button on windows, musicplayer buttons/looks - widget aswell as mainplayer, app manager buttons/backgrounds, lockscreen slider/background, shortcut pics on desktop.

In short make it easier to mod your phone without the use off mc, xterm, ssh and likes.

And to change the main look of the phone, here i meen the theme. There could be some base themes to install (could be D-livil base themes, matrix, andrewfblacks themes, maemoitalia_grafitti and so on) and therefrom change icons and bacgrounds and colors and stuff like that

Could be done with a website to download stuff from but allso natively on the phone from directories, if one did some icons themself or you got them from an otherplace than the website.

I used to have a LG viewty and did some modding with hacks i got from a forum like this. On that forum some dudes made a program that could do some of the things that andrew where talking about in the first post. They made a program and a website for themes and some hacks, dialpad, mplayer and stuff like that and then developers just uploaded things to the site. The program was really easy to use. You could either download the stuff to your pc and then later install it trough the program or directly install it. It allso had a preview of the theme/hack before install or download.

What i would like is an app that works nativly on our phone so you don't have to be in need of any pc to make it work

Hope this is a start

If you need it i think i might be able to find the installer for the program so you could see the basics of the program. (it's windows based)

Last edited by Dousan; 2010-06-02 at 07:31.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dousan For This Useful Post:
the only downside i see is probably needing to reboot to get it working... i wonder if there is a command to do a refresh so to speak?

Posts: 780 | Thanked: 855 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
killall hildon-desktop
Should do the trick.