Active Topics

Posts: 1,091 | Thanked: 323 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ ~
Cant remember it's exact name right now, but I mean that adapter from the old Nokia chargers to the mini-usb plug used by the N900.

Anyway, for those who use it, have you noticed that after a while the adapter gets pretty hot and start making weird noises? I actually woke up once and had to plug it out since I couldn't sleep with it plugged in. I'm using the charger supplied with my Nokia E71(its a really small charger, and I think its boosted since the E71 charges extremely quick).

Dont use it, some have melted while in use, if it gets hot then just stop using it, same thing with the n97 also.

The Following User Says Thank You to biggzy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 306 | Thanked: 566 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Romania

The Following User Says Thank You to blue_led For This Useful Post:
Posts: 96 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Denver, CO -> Italy
I have notice that with the adapter the phone stay in charge all night long and in the morning is still charging...(10-12 hours)

Posts: 1,091 | Thanked: 323 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ ~
Oh wow. I have a small Game Boy Advance SP model made of some kind of metal, I put it on it and then close the screen, it usually cool down pretty good. Anyway thank you for enlightening me, I will now stop using it at once. It's a shame really, the E71 travel charger have the perfect size.

Originally Posted by nicorumiz View Post
I have notice that with the adapter the phone stay in charge all night long and in the morning is still charging...(10-12 hours)
Yeah I've also noticed this.

Posts: 96 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Denver, CO -> Italy
Originally Posted by ToJa92 View Post
Yeah I've also noticed this.
There is one app that save a graph with the battery charging time etc etc..I don't remember the name....
When I find that I'll try to install it and see if I can check if it is really charging for so many hours or if stops and start again..

It is weird...

I'm not going to use the adapter any more...