I am facing a strange problem with my n900....
only websites with m.extension our working...or only the mobile version of the websites...
for eg:

I cant open google.com while m.google.com works fine.
I cant open cricinfo.com while m.cricinfo.com works fine.
I cant open youtube.com while m.youtube.com works fine.

both on wifi and gprs...

pls suggest..
also i want to reset the tweak for "wiki" searching, that some guy on this forum only suggested....thts good but i want to get back to original. it was some setting in about:config ...i dnt remember...pls help.

but the m. extension problem arose two days ago only...so dnt relate the two things.

thnks in advance.

somekeystrokes

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
gprs or wifi? and have u played with http-agent?

i consulted this thread...
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=39214

i want to know is the default value of keyword.URL in about:config.
pls somebdy chk on ur phones and tell me...i chnge it to default and thn see if my m. extension problem gets rectified...though im sure this problem arose days after i tweaked that setting,....bt i want to chnge tht as well..
so pls tell the default value/..

help me guys.!
pls///

Originally Posted by somekeystrokes View Post
help me guys.!
pls///
Code:
http://www.google.com/m/search?client=ms-nokia-maemo&channel=unibox&q=

The Following User Says Thank You to Benson For This Useful Post:
Thnks buddy....also i need to know how to completely reset microb...thre was some xterm command....i read somewhre..bt i cant find that now....
can somebdy tell me.?

I am facing a strange problem with my n900....
only websites with m.extension our working...or only the mobile version of the websites...
for eg:

I cant open google.com while m.google.com works fine.
I cant open cricinfo.com while m.cricinfo.com works fine.
I cant open youtube.com while m.youtube.com works fine.

both on wifi and gprs...

pls suggest..
also i want to reset the tweak for "wiki" searching, that some guy on this forum only suggested....thts good but i want to get back to original. it was some setting in about:config ...i dnt remember...pls help.

but the m. extension problem arose two days ago only...so dnt relate the two things.

thnks in advance.

somekeystrokes
That's weird because i can not seem to acces mobile sites at all.. how did you break this so i can break mines? or hopefully switch between the two. for some web sites the mobile version is waaay better and simpler.

Originally Posted by andraeseus1 View Post
That's weird because i can not seem to acces mobile sites at all.. how did you break this so i can break mines? or hopefully switch between the two. for some web sites the mobile version is waaay better and simpler.
hehe...i really dont know!
seriously!
smebdy help US now..!

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
hehe...i really dont know!
seriously!
smebdy help US now..!
Well, all the settings for the browser should be in /home/user/.mozilla/ and /home/user/.browser/, so you could delete those (rm -r from the command line - be careful if you're not familiar with it). However please note that manually removing the settings directory vs finding out what the actual problem is is kind of like swinging a crowbar at the light switch in the hopes of flicking on the light. It will probably work, but it may have unintended consequences. In this, doing that will remove all manner of things you may wish to have saved, such as bookmarks, saved passwords, browsing and form history, etc.
To be safe, if you have to do something like this, use the mv (move) command instead of rm (remove) (e.g. rename the settings directory so the app can't find it ("mv .mozilla .mozilla-backup", for example), which can then be reversed by doing the opposite command if something bad (or worse) happens (make sure the app is not running during both of these operations)).

(Gah! Too many parentheses! Someone stop me before I get out of control! )