Active Topics

Posts: 204 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Rochdale UK
Quick heads up most will already know but its worth while checking out facebook using the following address :

iphone.facebook.com

Displays nicely it's not as cut down as m.facebook but not as full on as the full website its a nice middle ground for when you need to load the website up quickly and displays perfect in landscape without cutting off the edges.

touch.facebook.com

Same thing both resolve the same website.

- Marc.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to marcdxn For This Useful Post:
I just tried it...and I much prefer the full MicroB render.

Using Facebook full version with MicroB is super simple. The gesture zoom in and out takes care of the smaller elements.

V.

Posts: 233 | Thanked: 170 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Finland
I second VMajor's opinion: I always use the full version. It's fast, looks familiar and works great on the N900.

that is a very good find thanks. Sometimes i dont want the full site and the FB app is rubbish although i have heard they improved it so may check it out again.

Bookmarked

Posts: 199 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Canada
I too like the full site on the N900's browser.

Posts: 1,055 | Thanked: 4,107 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
I'm the author of Facebrick, so, well..

..you know what I use

</shameless advertisement>

Depends on how you're connecting. At the moment I'm in an area where 3G is next to non-existant, so using 0.facebook.com over GPRS.

Want to improve the location bar's search capabilities? there's a wiki page for that too...

Originally Posted by w00t View Post
I'm the author of Facebrick, so, well..

..you know what I use

</shameless advertisement>
I have not tried this yet as not in safe zone

looking forward to it tho i had a quick look at your smakess link and looks nice. i cant stand the original widget its just an RSS stream of updates. i really dont need to know that a friend has added a sheep in farmworld.

i just want to be able to add and change things without having to go to the full site all the time. Reading your comments i see it will not be out until 1.2 tho. hopefully reading fromt eh hongkong thread this wont be far off