Notices

Originally Posted by sophocha View Post
Find the Leaked PR1.2 firmware.....when you flash it it will give you at least 90mb free!
There is no doubt now that the leaked pr1.2 was an unfinnished internal build, that much is obvious from all the discusion threads, while i agree that the rootfs situation will be much imoroved in pr1.2, i wouldn't advise anyone to use it, if you've had no issues yourself then you've been lucky, but as it cant be easily downgraded and there is no source to replace individual components if problems do occur i think its irisponsible to advise other users to use it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to matts76 For This Useful Post:
right, this is what I am going to do.....flash to the latest global firmware (with me stuck on vodafone so still one update behind).....and start again...........now that I know that flashing will set me back to factory default.

Thanks for yer help peeps.

Posts: 609 | Thanked: 243 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Eastern USA
Originally Posted by matts76 View Post
There is no doubt now that the leaked pr1.2 was an unfinnished internal build, that much is obvious from all the discusion threads, while i agree that the rootfs situation will be much imoroved in pr1.2, i wouldn't advise anyone to use it, if you've had no issues yourself then you've been lucky, but as it cant be easily downgraded and there is no source to replace individual components if problems do occur i think its irisponsible to advise other users to use it.
Actually, I think Reggie has said that it's a criminal activity to provide links. Therefore, even if there's no actual link given, you are encouraging people to commit an offense.

(At least I think that's how it works.)
Also, pin yourself in the map! Maemo Map. Send me a PM (Private Message) if I leave you hanging on a problem (or if you need more help).
Owner of both a N800 and N900; Active community member since Jan 2010. You've been xommified! - My blog.