Posts: 284 | Thanked: 320 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Peterborough, UK
Yeah, I got those powervr.ini type messages and chose yes for everything, probably what mangled mine too. I never installed the leaked release, FWIW.

Posts: 248 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Birmingham
Ok re-flashed with:

RX-51_2009SE_10.2010.19-1.203.1_PR_COMBINED_203_ARM.bin

everything seems ok, now just got to test re-install of backup I made, reading other threads seems like there are going to be a lot of issues with apps though..... thanks for your help Oh left SIM in btw - just tested phone/internet and all is good

Seems quicker too..........

OK - interesting update - once the device was booted, I ssh'ed into it and had a quick check for upgrades - seems the device hadn't upgraded itself correctly at all - hundreds of un-configured packages plus a couple not downloaded yet...well I do still have all the devel repo's enabled and didn't bother to read the advice no doubt posted all over these forums about not doing this!! But hey - it's fun - takes me back to the good old lottery days of running Debian Unstable+Testing!!

Lets see if finishing off this upgrade (well dist-upgrade) sorts out the issue...

Hmmm dpkg likes to crap out if it encounters an issue rather than continue and list problems at the end....seem to have lost my /etc/xdg/menus/hildon.menu entry...

How this thing managed to boot to anything halfway through upgrade is anyones guess!!

Posts: 946 | Thanked: 1,650 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
my OTA upgrade worked flawlessly. I didn't uninstall the kernel
but I simply reinstalled it after the upgrade
http://wiki.maemo.org/Kernel_Power#U...ng_to_a_new_PR

Well in the end I managed to do the full upgrade and all seems to be ok, and even hildon-python installed after reboot...don' ask me to replicate the steps I had to take to get this to complete as they were many and not predictable...

Playing with kernel-power now...works nice!

Posts: 124 | Thanked: 52 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Sweden
well i finally attempted the upgrade of PR1.2, with Enhanced kernel installed.
i couldnt remove the Enhanced kernel neither with Automatic removal, nor Manual approach... maybe its because ive installed all the latest Enhanced kernel upgrades (extras-devel).

when i attempted the upgrade to PR1.2 i couldnt use the OTA and was forced to use Flasher 3.5

this may have been either becuase ive installed Easy debian or Enhanced kernel (or maybe Mobile hotspot).
those 3 installations are the only ones that were on such an advanced level that i can see how they could prevent the OTA to work.
ive never used terminal or done any other advanced operations on the N900.

anyway, the good news is that i didnt need to use any of the backups ive made. All contacts, conversations and phonecall history was there when i booted up (or maybe they just got auto-restored from the backup on the eMMC on the first boot). All apps and games were lost though. But no biggie since ive saved all configuration files and highscore files on the PC.