Active Topics

Posts: 762 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
Well i had an Android 2.1 device for a week and I must say that the simplicity and stripped away feel of the OS was hugely fustrating. For eg changing the theme requires rooting the device.

I had the MILESTONE that packs standard Android with no SenseUi or anything like that.

Also, I didn't find the capacitive touchscreen to being "all that" which the common opinion seems to credit it with.

So be sure to try out as many devices as you can before purchase!

The Following User Says Thank You to cjp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by fieryriver View Post
lol dunno why for some time i thought x10 ran symbian. Well, it's android and SE have placed their custom UI right? its nice im gonna check for some prices. are pro and mini better than the original?

Lol...original? you have some reading to do

If you want a small phone, they are

Posts: 75 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Malta
Originally Posted by cjp View Post
Well i had an Android 2.1 device for a week and I must say that the simplicity and stripped away feel of the OS was hugely fustrating. For eg changing the theme requires rooting the device.

I had the MILESTONE that packs standard Android with no SenseUi or anything like that.

Also, I didn't find the capacitive touchscreen to being "all that" which the common opinion seems to credit it with.

So be sure to try out as many devices as you can before purchase!
Dont worry i've spent a lot on the N900 and i'm very happy with it (unlike some whiners around this forum). I'm not gonna buy a phone just cause it looks nice. I watched vids after vids about the n900 read tons of reviews and tried it out at the store before i bought it so yeah ill be careful.
Android is just something i would like to try. Lol reading comments like yours makes me think why the hell is android advertised as an open os. I mean rooting the device just to change a theme? Stupid. thanks for the input

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Lol...original? you have some reading to do

If you want a small phone, they are
i meant the xperia x10 not its mini or minipro counterparts

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
x10 is too big. too clunky and remember still runs 1.6.

nexus one is great but there is already talk on a nexus 'two'.

htc desire is pretty good for a popular use device.

what about the dell streak? interesting implementation of android.

The Following User Says Thank You to afaq For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
well, if you own n900, I would not spend any money on a x10. it's waste. I only use x10 mini for training(spotify, gps tracking) where i find n900 be to heavy.

don't see a reason for you to buy another phone in your post. If it's just for fun I would advice you to buy apple 4G and test it for a week and sell it after a week

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Thanks a lot guys.

lol @Dave999 hehe good idea buy an iphone and sell it the week after. i dunno if i want to go near those...things...