Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 185 | Thanked: 49 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ The Netherlands
Originally Posted by navsin View Post
Tried the latest version, it seems to have greal potential. Here's my feedback to improve it:

1) Backlight doesn't remain on.
2) Timer should be visible in the game. Currently it isn't.
3) When the ball reaches the green square. it does not jump to next level.

Thanks!
Exactly i love the game but that are things i also miss. auto-generating maps would also be nice.

Posts: 397 | Thanked: 802 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by tho View Post
I have an issue with the latest version (1.0.2).
When the ball reaches the finnish point, the application exhibits high cpu usage and does not proceed to the next level.
I have a feeling its due to the way I check for collisions, which i've been meaning to change now for a while but just never got it working properly. But I will look into that issue. Thanks

Originally Posted by f2thak View Post
icon still needs work
and id like to hide menu bar
and screen backlight should stay on
Yeah, the icon really needs to be changed, will try fix it soon. As for the backlight and the menu bar, I'm currently trying to figure out how to keep the backlight on (found a few examples using dbus, but not sure if thats the best method or not), and the menu bar will be gone once i figure out how to add buttons to the QGraphicsView

Originally Posted by navsin View Post
1) Backlight doesn't remain on.
2) Timer should be visible in the game. Currently it isn't.
3) When the ball reaches the green square. it does not jump to next level.!
The timer will be implemented once i figure out how to add back buttons etc to the QGraphicsView since i'll need to display it in a widget of some sort. In the mean time, I might try to implement it into the main bar title. And I can't believe the idea to progress to a new map once finished didn't occur to me will be added to new version.

Originally Posted by Zekahz View Post
Exactly i love the game but that are things i also miss. auto-generating maps would also be nice.
Sorry I may have misunderstood, can you explain what you mean by auto-generating maps please.

Originally Posted by DaSilva View Post
Can you improve this game to something more like Labyrinth? It is a very similar idea but more challenging.
There is a free version of Labyrinth in the ovi store. I may in the future decide to implement something similar to it, but at the moment I won't be able to include it due to time constraints and there's already a much better version made

Thanks for the suggestions guys

Last edited by Blaizzen; 2010-07-31 at 14:50.

The Following User Says Thank You to Blaizzen For This Useful Post:
New version is out
  • Fixed collision checking to check for surrounding 6 boxes only, not all map - speed increase
  • Changed the painting method to just paint the area that was changed - massive speed change
  • Backlight now stays on thanks to http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=694421&postcount=5 and another thread i can't find now
  • Timer now implemented again and displays as the window title
  • When map finishes, option for a new game/map is given

When people test the backlight aspect of the game, can anyone report back if their backlight stays on? Sometimes my backlight behaves, and sometimes it stays on even after closing the app. Thanks

Last edited by Blaizzen; 2010-08-02 at 12:29.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blaizzen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
cheers.....updating...........................

Sorry guys, there was an issue and the same version as before was uploaded. Will try upload again.

edit: FIXED

Last edited by Blaizzen; 2010-08-02 at 12:25.