Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 85 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Saudi Arabia
Please need assistance!

Is there any apps that will help IM, VoIP and other programs that will help to run via proxy connections setup.

Currently, I am using proxy connection and browser only is working, it would be nice if you could also use IM’s using your N900 device.

I know that there are some geniuses in community that will help me to solve this issue. And I am sure that there is someone will take the floor to step up and say I HAVE APPS FOR THAT.

Thanks and looking forward at your earliest convenience. Lol

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ SF Bay Area
I have never tried my own app in a proxy environment but I would be happy if you could try it in your environment to see if it works.
Theoretically, it should have no problems because it uses the browser code to do most of its work. Please post feedback if you have problems with it.
The link is in my sig.
Thanks

Posts: 1,684 | Thanked: 1,562 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Austin, TX
Originally Posted by edcarsky View Post
Please need assistance!

Is there any apps that will help IM, VoIP and other programs that will help to run via proxy connections setup.

Currently, I am using proxy connection and browser only is working, it would be nice if you could also use IM’s using your N900 device.

I know that there are some geniuses in community that will help me to solve this issue. And I am sure that there is someone will take the floor to step up and say I HAVE APPS FOR THAT.

Thanks and looking forward at your earliest convenience. Lol
The big issue is filing bugs to the various projects. I know people have filed a bug against Dialcentral/TheOneRing for lack of proxy support.

I wouldn't be surprised if there is some more advanced thing to make setting up proxys transparent.

A quick google search came up with this
http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/linux-...uid-howto.html

Unsure how feasible it is to use on Maemo. I imagine someone could attempt making it work and packaging it up to be easy

Originally Posted by uvatbc View Post
I have never tried my own app in a proxy environment but I would be happy if you could try it in your environment to see if it works.
Theoretically, it should have no problems because it uses the browser code to do most of its work. Please post feedback if you have problems with it.
The link is in my sig.
Thanks
Thanks for getting back with me. @uvatbc i don't see any links in your post, kindly recap your links and i'll try myself and i'll let you know. Thanks

The link is in my sig.
Thanks
Ah ok, sorry,,, i found and i saw your sig already, by the way i already using it and yes its kindof buggy at this point and it's not working yet using my proxy connections. If you have progress don't hesitate to inform and ill it again, cheers!

Originally Posted by epage View Post
The big issue is filing bugs to the various projects. I know people have filed a bug against Dialcentral/TheOneRing for lack of proxy support.

I wouldn't be surprised if there is some more advanced thing to make setting up proxys transparent.

A quick google search came up with this
http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/linux-...uid-howto.html

Unsure how feasible it is to use on Maemo. I imagine someone could attempt making it work and packaging it up to be easy
Thanks for your suggestion, not sure if i can follow that programming steps kindof risky for me, not much familiar in Linux language. Anyway, i hope guys you can find solutions on this query, i am sure that there's a lot out there experiencing this issue and try to figure out what option to solve this.

Please let me know if you have one and i am really happy to try on. cheers!

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ SF Bay Area
Originally Posted by edcarsky View Post
Ah ok, sorry,,, i found and i saw your sig already, by the way i already using it and yes its kindof buggy at this point and it's not working yet using my proxy connections. If you have progress don't hesitate to inform and ill it again, cheers!
Can you tell me how your proxy is set up? I have very little experience in proxies so the best thing for me would be for me to set it up in my own testing environment.
Also, I'd like to know what error you get when running qgvdial. I've had a couple of friends complain that it never logs in for them - but that's on Windows XP.

PS: sig doesn't work for me in minimalist dark theme -sorry.
qgvnotify: Google voice and contacts notifier for diablo and maemo.

If you want to thank me, click the Thanks button.
If you'd like to thank my applications, vote to move them to extras.

Can you tell me how your proxy is set up? I have very little experience in proxies so the best thing for me would be for me to set it up in my own testing environment.
Also, I'd like to know what error you get when running qgvdial. I've had a couple of friends complain that it never logs in for them - but that's on Windows XP.

PS: sig doesn't work for me in minimalist dark theme -sorry.
i used as regular proxy setup that has restriction, then i followed instruction from a friend via maemo community to configure Setting>Internet Connection>Connection> then edit the Conenction Name. just an ordinary setup, but the concerns is this network work using browser, but i need to use some IM's and other apps using my current connections.

It would be much grateful if the said connection will modify whatsoever program to help to run other IM's and apps. I know there's some geniuses will try to figure it out.

In regards of your DialCentral? (i hope im right) i cannot connect due to reasons above. not much sure if its because of bugs or something.

Please guys! help!

I wish someone who can assist me how to connect IM's, VoIP and other Apps in my device using proxy setup connection .

NOTE: Browser is working , but i need IM's and Apps to work also .

I would highly appreciated your prompt assistance, thanks.

Last edited by edcarsky; 2010-07-14 at 06:23.