Posts: 247 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Los Angeles
Is there a way I can automatically restrict updates to only the "most mature" repository?

Say I have 3 apps: App1 in extras, App2 in extras-testing, and App3 in extras-dev. How do I check for updates to App3 while ignoring extras-dev updates to App2 and App1, and check for updates to App2 while ignoring extras-testing updates to App1?

Thanks

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
I'm not sure you can do this with App Manager. You can probably get apt-get to do this though, by pinning apps to specific repositories. I've not tried this myself though.

Posts: 284 | Thanked: 74 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Wigan, UK
You would just have to disable the repo's you dont want to check.

I had this problem with fMMS where it was in the extras repo aswell as devel, but the one in devel was newer and so always wanted me to update the one i had installed (from extras). Didnt want the devel one at the time as I was having problems so i had to disable devel repo until i wanted it again.

Dont know of any other method sorry....

Posts: 546 | Thanked: 85 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Winnipeg, Canada
I believe you can check where the update is coming from in the Details screen. You'd still have to update each app individually. HTH
N800 | 2 x 8gb OCX SD | Boxwave Anti-glare SS | PDAir book-style case
Holux M-1200 bluetooth GPS | iGo 4-row bluetooth keyboard | Linksys USB 10/100 ethernet | Plantronics Voyager 855 BT Headset

Posts: 247 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Los Angeles
I wouldn't trust my memory to recall which apps were from which Repository. Plus, if something got "promoted" I'd be manually calling the wrong update. :-(

It would be cool if this were a setting in the application manager!!!

hint hint

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by RWFarley View Post
It would be cool if this were a setting in the application manager!!!

hint hint
You might want to post a request on the Faster Application Manager thread. He's already implemented blacklisting of apps, so I would think that blacklisting based on repository would be a not-too-complex extension of that.