Active Topics

now dsp is at 600 , cpu at 1150 and gpu at 110

Posts: 485 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Galiza
Originally Posted by Alecsandru View Post
now dsp is at 600 , cpu at 1150 and gpu at 110
What do you mean by now? As I said before, this are the values all by default, as sold by Nokia with original firmwares and profiles. The fact that you tweaked your phone to reach those settings, doesn't mean DSP is de facto "now at 600MHz". I'm not talking about Kernel Power, CSSU or your custom overclocking profiles. The same as i can't say Astra H 1.9 GTC is 200CV, wich is not, despite what tweaks I did to my car to archive so.

I was saying that we need the power , the nokia is getting old , so we need to speedup things , the 200 MHz gpu will be like a dream coming true

Posts: 485 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Galiza
I was saying that we need the power , the nokia is getting old , so we need to speedup things , the 200 MHz gpu will be like a dream coming true
I doubt you can push the GPU of the N900 (remember, 65nm OMAP3430) further than 166MHz, even that can't be feasible without touching all memory clocks. And even that could not be stable, since nobody tested it. Overclocking the GPU is much more harder/risker than CPU.

Originally Posted by Skry View Post
grep -2 fclock arch/arm/mach-omap2/board-rx51-video.c

static struct sgx_platform_data rx51_sgx_data = {
.fclock_max = 110666666,
};
@Skry Can this be edited? Did you tried it?

Last edited by Hariainm; 2013-04-04 at 22:05.

i remember a long time ago, I oced the dsp as far as it could go and the transitions and animations worked a treat, very fluid device. It just cost me battery life heavily.

Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
Is there something GPU-related that runs slow on the N900?

AFAIK GPU "power" is only necessary for fart-appy-open-gl effects, which have no effect whatsoever in any productive sense of the word. Even playing video is not affected in any significant manner by the GPU, which, as had been said multiple times already, only has to render the frames.

The Following User Says Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post:
I think it was Symbian which uses the GPU for all animations. And video playback is one of the most efficient on Symbian, this is widely accepted.

I'm flattered

Don't forget overclocking L3 bus we speed up not only GPU but memory speed too.