Posts: 1,210 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ hamburg,germany
hello fellas
i have an issue and maybe someone have a solution.
i was in vacation in poland and have made very important pics.but yesterday i opened the image viewer and i had some images twice(dont know why)so i tried to delete the second one and both were blown away.now im back in germany and have ereased some really nice family pics.
so heres my question:
can i bring back ereased data like on windows?
or are the files ereased forever if i press delete?

Nobody likes us but we dont care....

Posts: 397 | Thanked: 802 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sydney
I just ran my N900 through USB mode and tested the program Diskdigger (but I assume any similar program will work too), and it recovered several images i had deleted. Maybe you can give it a quick scan and see.

Edit: while i didn't delete any images recently, the ones it did recover were damaged, hopefully your images are not the same.

Edit 2: Diskdigger seems a little buggy at times, it recovered an image very well that i delete on purpose for testing, but then it lost it again (couldn't display the preview or even save it). Rescanning brought it back. Not sure whats happening, but you may want to try with more than one program and see

Last edited by Blaizzen; 2010-08-07 at 14:52.

The Following User Says Thank You to Blaizzen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,210 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ hamburg,germany
dude thank you.the app is greatgot all my pics back!!!
but isnt it bad that the pics are stored after the delete on the mass storage???

Nobody likes us but we dont care....

If you ever need to run recovery off the phone itself, then there is one in the repo too "Testdisk & Photorec".The photorec does just that - recover photos

The Following User Says Thank You to techie For This Useful Post:
never trust flash memory to ever delete anything permanently (this is due to the way the memory works, google it up if you're interested in the details)

I always physically destroy all memory sticks and cards after I stop using them

Tags
bring it back, erease, image viewer