Notices

Poll: Would you purchase Sygic Mobile Maps 10 with Asia Pacific Map Data?
Poll Options
Would you purchase Sygic Mobile Maps 10 with Asia Pacific Map Data?

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by travla View Post
Yes, very disappointing, but I now am beginning to understand why they are not bothering with our region - it really is a small user base (judging by the interest in this thread, even if we had %0.1 of the user base respond, it's still less than 20000 users).

So as I undestand it, MM10 is free, we only need to buy Android AU version (correct me if I'm wrong).

Cheers,

travla
the applicaiton is free, yes you are correct. Maps are costly and you will have to modified the mlm file to make it work. Android map isn't that up to date for NZ map at all. There have been a lot of road changed recently in the north.

Posts: 397 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Melbourne, Australia
Originally Posted by Asterixnz View Post
Well I emailed them about NZ for the N900 and got this response

"Dear Customer,

Thank you for your e-mail. For Maemo device is application called Aura prepared with maps of Australia and New Zealand.

This application is under the construction and should be released in close future.

AURA comes with all data pre-loaded, so it will never let you down. Data storage is faster, more stable and cheaper than data transfer from an Internet connection. Wherever you are, use AURA to find your destination without any roaming costs. Places, addresses, maps, wiki information, city guides, navigation and voice guidance - all are pre-installed.
In case of any questions and feedbacks, please don't hesitate to contact me."
Well this is certainly encouraging, I didn't realise that Aura was being developed for platforms outside of iOS.

Cheers for posting their response.

travla

Posts: 397 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Melbourne, Australia
I e-mailed them in November about Aura, got this response:

Dear Sir,

Aura for Maemo is in final phase, next will be testing but I'm not able to tell you, when it'll be released as it depends on various stuff.

Open beta will not be available.

I don't know any other option for you

In case of any questions and feedbacks, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Thank you for contacting support and for your interest in our products.

Best regards,

Matus Cipak
Sygic Technical Support
email: support@sygic.com
web: www.sygic.com
You never know, it may happen yet...

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Australia
Just a quick thread dig. I purchased MM10 a while back and successfully used the Android maps for AU/NZ as a hack, because Sygic didn't offer those maps.

Last week, I was sent an email from Sygic with details of an upgrade to my MM10.

When I downloaded the package, the AU/NZ maps were included, so, Sygic are now doing the MM10 AU/NZ package.

cheers