Posts: 203 | Thanked: 152 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Austria
Hi,

I have updated the DrinkCounter app, i did my last upload with PR1.1
I'm using py2deb because i think its the easiest way.

I dont know why, but i'm not able to upload my app because of unmet dependencies

build_myapp.py for py2deb:
Code:
 #!/usr/bin/python2.5
 # -*- coding: utf-8 -*-
 ## This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
 ## it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published
 ## by the Free Software Foundation; version 2 only.
 ##
 ## This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
 ## but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
 ## MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the
 ## GNU General Public License for more details.
 ##
import py2deb
import os
if __name__ == "__main__":
     try:
         os.chdir(os.path.dirname(sys.argv[0]))
     except:
         pass
     print
     p=py2deb.Py2deb("drinkcounter")   #This is the package name and MUST be in lowercase! (using e.g. "mClock" fails miserably...)
     p.description="Count how many drinks do you have and calculate how many alcohol is in your blood.\nDont trust this value, its estimated...but maybe this software helps you with payment if you dont remember ;)"
     p.author="Andreas Weidlinger"
     p.mail="andreas.weidlinger@gmail.com"
     p.depends = "libqt4-core, libqt4-gui, libstdc++6"
     p.section="user/utilities"
     p.icon = "/home/user/drinkCounter/drinkCounter.png"
     p.arch="armel"                #should be all for python, any for all arch
     p.urgency="low"             #not used in maemo onl for deb os
     p.distribution="fremantle-1.2"
     p.repository="extras-devel"
     p.xsbc_bugtracker="http://bugs.maemo.org"
     #  p.postinstall="""#!/bin/sh
     #  chmod +x /usr/bin/mclock.py""" #Set here your post install script
     #  p.postremove="""#!/bin/sh
     #  chmod +x /usr/bin/mclock.py""" #Set here your post remove script
     #  p.preinstall="""#!/bin/sh
     #  chmod +x /usr/bin/mclock.py""" #Set here your pre install script
     #  p.preremove="""#!/bin/sh
     #  chmod +x /usr/bin/mclock.py""" #Set here your pre remove script
     version = "0.6.2"           #Version of your software, e.g. "1.2.0" or "0.8.2"
     build = "4"                 #Build number, e.g. "1" for the first build of this version of your software. Increment for later re-builds of the same version of your software.
                                 #Text with changelog information to be displayed in the package "Details" tab of the Maemo Application Manager
     changeloginformation = "Fixed bugs, added car-drive estimation" 
     dir_name = "src"            #Name of the subfolder containing your package source files (e.g. usr\share\icons\hicolor\scalable\myappicon.svg, usr\lib\myapp\somelib.py). We suggest to leave it named src in all projects and will refer to that in the wiki article on maemo.org
     #Thanks to DareTheHair from talk.maemo.org for this snippet that recursively builds the file list 
     for root, dirs, files in os.walk(dir_name):
         real_dir = root[len(dir_name):]
         fake_file = []
         for f in files:
             fake_file.append(root + os.sep + f + "|" + f)
         if len(fake_file) > 0:
             p[real_dir] = fake_file
     print p
     r = p.generate(version,build,changelog=changeloginformation,tar=True,dsc=True,changes=True,build=False,src=True)
I have changed p.distribution="fremantle" to p.distribution="fremantle-1.2" here

Output from Autobuilder:
Code:
TMP="/var/tmp"
TEMP="/var/tmp"
DEBIAN_FRONTEND="noninteractive"
DEBIAN_PRIORITY="critical"
DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS="parallel=4"
TMPDIR="/var/tmp"
dpkg-buildpackage: set CFLAGS to default value: -g -O2
dpkg-buildpackage: set CPPFLAGS to default value: 
dpkg-buildpackage: set LDFLAGS to default value: 
dpkg-buildpackage: set FFLAGS to default value: -g -O2
dpkg-buildpackage: set CXXFLAGS to default value: -g -O2
dpkg-buildpackage: source package drinkcounter
dpkg-buildpackage: source version 0.6.2-4
dpkg-buildpackage: host architecture armel
dpkg-checkbuilddeps: Using Scratchbox tools to satisfy builddeps
 fakeroot debian/rules clean
dh_testdir
dh_testroot
rm -f build-stamp configure-stamp
dh_clean
 dpkg-source -b drinkcounter-0.6.2
dpkg-source: info: using source format `1.0'
dpkg-source: info: building drinkcounter in drinkcounter_0.6.2-4.tar.gz
dpkg-source: info: building drinkcounter in drinkcounter_0.6.2-4.dsc
 debian/rules build
dh_testdir
# Add here commands to configure the package.
touch configure-stamp
dh_testdir
touch build-stamp
 fakeroot debian/rules binary
dh_testdir
dh_testroot
dh_clean -k
dh_installdirs
# ======================================================
#/scratchbox/tools/bin/make DESTDIR="/home/builder3/maemo-fremantle-armel-extras-devel/work/drinkcounter-0.6.2/debian/drinkcounter" install
mkdir -p "/home/builder3/maemo-fremantle-armel-extras-devel/work/drinkcounter-0.6.2/debian/drinkcounter"
cp -a "src/usr/share/icons/hicolor/48x48/hildon/drinkCounter.png" "/home/builder3/maemo-fremantle-armel-extras-devel/work/drinkcounter-0.6.2/debian/drinkcounter/usr/share/icons/hicolor/48x48/hildon/drinkCounter.png"
mkdir -p "/home/builder3/maemo-fremantle-armel-extras-devel/work/drinkcounter-0.6.2/debian/drinkcounter/usr/share/dbus-1/services/"
cp -a "src/usr/share/dbus-1/services/drinkCounter.service" "/home/builder3/maemo-fremantle-armel-extras-devel/work/drinkcounter-0.6.2/debian/drinkcounter/usr/share/dbus-1/services/drinkCounter.service"
mkdir -p "/home/builder3/maemo-fremantle-armel-extras-devel/work/drinkcounter-0.6.2/debian/drinkcounter/opt/"
cp -a "src/opt/core" "/home/builder3/maemo-fremantle-armel-extras-devel/work/drinkcounter-0.6.2/debian/drinkcounter/opt/core"
mkdir -p "/home/builder3/maemo-fremantle-armel-extras-devel/work/drinkcounter-0.6.2/debian/drinkcounter/opt/drinkCounter/"
cp -a "src/opt/drinkCounter/core" "/home/builder3/maemo-fremantle-armel-extras-devel/work/drinkcounter-0.6.2/debian/drinkcounter/opt/drinkCounter/core"
mkdir -p "/home/builder3/maemo-fremantle-armel-extras-devel/work/drinkcounter-0.6.2/debian/drinkcounter/opt/drinkCounter/"
cp -a "src/opt/drinkCounter/drinkCounter" "/home/builder3/maemo-fremantle-armel-extras-devel/work/drinkcounter-0.6.2/debian/drinkcounter/opt/drinkCounter/drinkCounter"
mkdir -p "/home/builder3/maemo-fremantle-armel-extras-devel/work/drinkcounter-0.6.2/debian/drinkcounter/usr/share/applications/hildon/"
cp -a "src/usr/share/applications/hildon/drinkCounter.desktop" "/home/builder3/maemo-fremantle-armel-extras-devel/work/drinkcounter-0.6.2/debian/drinkcounter/usr/share/applications/hildon/drinkCounter.desktop"
mkdir -p "/home/builder3/maemo-fremantle-armel-extras-devel/work/drinkcounter-0.6.2/debian/drinkcounter/opt/drinkCounter/drinkImages/"
cp -a "src/opt/drinkCounter/drinkImages/bigbeer.png" "/home/builder3/maemo-fremantle-armel-extras-devel/work/drinkcounter-0.6.2/debian/drinkcounter/opt/drinkCounter/drinkImages/bigbeer.png"
mkdir -p "/home/builder3/maemo-fremantle-armel-extras-devel/work/drinkcounter-0.6.2/debian/drinkcounter/opt/drinkCounter/drinkImages/"
cp -a "src/opt/drinkCounter/drinkImages/black.png" "/home/builder3/maemo-fremantle-armel-extras-devel/work/drinkcounter-0.6.2/debian/drinkcounter/opt/drinkCounter/drinkImages/black.png"
cp -a "src/opt/drinkCounter/drinkImages/coctail.png" "/home/builder3/maemo-fremantle-armel-extras-devel/work/drinkcounter-0.6.2/debian/drinkcounter/opt/drinkCounter/drinkImages/coctail.png"
cp -a "src/opt/drinkCounter/drinkImages/littlebeer.png" "/home/builder3/maemo-fremantle-armel-extras-devel/work/drinkcounter-0.6.2/debian/drinkcounter/opt/drinkCounter/drinkImages/littlebeer.png"
cp -a "src/opt/drinkCounter/drinkImages/orange.png" "/home/builder3/maemo-fremantle-armel-extras-devel/work/drinkcounter-0.6.2/debian/drinkcounter/opt/drinkCounter/drinkImages/orange.png"
cp -a "src/opt/drinkCounter/drinkImages/red.png" "/home/builder3/maemo-fremantle-armel-extras-devel/work/drinkcounter-0.6.2/debian/drinkcounter/opt/drinkCounter/drinkImages/red.png"
cp -a "src/opt/drinkCounter/drinkImages/redwine.png" "/home/builder3/maemo-fremantle-armel-extras-devel/work/drinkcounter-0.6.2/debian/drinkcounter/opt/drinkCounter/drinkImages/redwine.png"
cp -a "src/opt/drinkCounter/drinkImages/white.png" "/home/builder3/maemo-fremantle-armel-extras-devel/work/drinkcounter-0.6.2/debian/drinkcounter/opt/drinkCounter/drinkImages/white.png"
cp -a "src/opt/drinkCounter/drinkImages/wine.png" "/home/builder3/maemo-fremantle-armel-extras-devel/work/drinkcounter-0.6.2/debian/drinkcounter/opt/drinkCounter/drinkImages/wine.png"
cp -a "src/opt/drinkCounter/drinkImages/yellow.png" "/home/builder3/maemo-fremantle-armel-extras-devel/work/drinkcounter-0.6.2/debian/drinkcounter/opt/drinkCounter/drinkImages/yellow.png"
mkdir -p "/home/builder3/maemo-fremantle-armel-extras-devel/work/drinkcounter-0.6.2/debian/drinkcounter/usr/share/icons/hicolor/scalable/hildon/"
cp -a "src/usr/share/icons/hicolor/scalable/hildon/drinkCounter.png" "/home/builder3/maemo-fremantle-armel-extras-devel/work/drinkcounter-0.6.2/debian/drinkcounter/usr/share/icons/hicolor/scalable/hildon/drinkCounter.png"
# ======================================================
dh_testdir
dh_testroot
dh_installchangelogs debian/changelog
dh_installdocs
dh_installexamples
dh_installman
dh_link
dh_strip
dh_compress
dh_fixperms
dh_installdeb
dh_shlibdeps
dpkg-shlibdeps: error: couldn't find library libQtGui.so.4 needed by debian/drinkcounter/opt/drinkCounter/drinkCounter (ELF format: 'elf32-littlearm'; RPATH: '/usr/lib').
Note: libraries are not searched in other binary packages that do not have any shlibs or symbols file.
To help dpkg-shlibdeps find private libraries, you might need to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
dh_shlibdeps: dpkg-shlibdeps -Tdebian/drinkcounter.substvars debian/drinkcounter/opt/drinkCounter/drinkCounter returned exit code 2
make: *** [binary-arch] Error 9
dpkg-buildpackage: error: fakeroot debian/rules binary gave error exit status 2
Can anyone help me?

Is it a problem that i have compiled it with Nokia Qt SDK and not in scratchbox?

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Hi,

I had many problems too with Py2Deb and PyPackager till I understand the problems.

Most probably you'll get more help in the developers mailing list but here is some comments that might be useful (beware I'm far from expert on this).

on the distribution you need to set:
p.distribution = "fremantle"

and for the dependencies I've used the following and didn't get any complaints:
p.depends = "python2.5, python2.5-qt4-gui, python2.5-qt4-core, python2.5-qt4-maemo5"

Hope it is useful.

Thanks for your reply, same error :/
Mine not an python app, its normal qt/c++

should i use another tool to upload to extras-devel?