Notices

Posts: 908 | Thanked: 501 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ West Sussex, England
Symbian had Wavesecure, and iPhone lets you remotely wipe a stolen or lost device, and I think Android has something similar too.
Is anyone working on one for Maemo 5? I have a lock code to stop people getting into my phone if i lose it, but i'd like to be able to wipe it remotely too. I love the wavesecure online backup feature too, but that isn't essential because we can easily take our own backup and put it on the computer, but so far I've not found any remote wipe app anywhere.

Or if there is one, could someone kindly point me to it?

Posts: 463 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Mumbai, India
Originally Posted by richwhite View Post
Symbian had Wavesecure, and iPhone lets you remotely wipe a stolen or lost device, and I think Android has something similar too.
Is anyone working on one for Maemo 5? I have a lock code to stop people getting into my phone if i lose it, but i'd like to be able to wipe it remotely too. I love the wavesecure online backup feature too, but that isn't essential because we can easily take our own backup and put it on the computer, but so far I've not found any remote wipe app anywhere.

Or if there is one, could someone kindly point me to it?
Use the powersearch button in the top right corner of the page and look for the software called "I Am Here" and "SMSCon".

Both of them are in the extras-devel repository which is not meant for the causal user.

Posts: 908 | Thanked: 501 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ West Sussex, England
I can't find I am Here, the search says no results. SMSCon seems fantastic, but it says it's intended for people with python or linux experience so they can adjust the script to how they want