Posts: 908 | Thanked: 501 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ West Sussex, England
Having a few issues with 1.3. I have 7 desktops but desktop+ isn't installed and won't install. I went to restore applications in appmanager and it's listed but greyed out, so is OMWeather database. Devels is enabled btw. I found the desktopplus .deb file and it goes through installation then says 'unable to download, application package not found'.

Angry birds keeps crashing at the loading screen too, and in the restore section is the line of the title, what is it?

Going out of my mind here, just can't get it to do what i need it to do. It's running fine, but it's those few issues that i need to get sorted and can't work out how.

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
mp-fremantle-203-pr is the UK firmware core file (it ties together everything that makes up a specific firmware release). If you've switched firmware variant (which I assume you have, as you mention PR1.3), then it's no longer needed - you'll have mp-fremantle-mr0-pr for the global generic firmware - and isn't in any of the repositories you'll have set up (the SSU repository is specific to the firmware variant).

The Following User Says Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
Posts: 908 | Thanked: 501 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ West Sussex, England
Right, ok, so is it right for it to be there? I mean, i have some stuff that hasn't restored or restored properly from the flash to global, like OM databse, desktop+, and it's in there with those and it's greyed out so i can't do anything with any of them.

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by richwhite View Post
Right, ok, so is it right for it to be there? I mean, i have some stuff that hasn't restored or restored properly from the flash to global, like OM databse, desktop+, and it's in there with those and it's greyed out so i can't do anything with any of them.
It's right to show up there, as it's a package that you had installed when you made the backup. Presumably it's greyed out because it's not now available for install.

Both the weather.com and gismeteo.ru omweather databases are in the maemo.org (extras) repository, so those should be okay. Desktop+ doesn't look to be available in the repository currently though (1.3.1 failed to build and 1.3.0 looks to have been auto-cleaned from the repository) - you probably need to chase that up with the developer.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
The list of packages to be restored is saved in
/home/user/.hildon-application-manager/packages.backup

you can edit that with a text editor to remove the mp-fremantle-203 line which will remove it from the list in the application manager. I doubt that will fix your problem of not being able to install a few packages though, they are probably missing some dependencies and wont work until updated for 1.3. Although I also have extras-devel enabled and have OMweather database for weather.com installed ok.

I also just moved from the UK to global firmware and restored my backup.