Active Topics

Posts: 247 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Los Angeles
Has anyone solved the puzzle of how to Sync with Outlook AND Thunderbird/Lightning??

I am very happy with MfE and my ability to Sync 500+ Contacts and 5000 Calendar entries at work with Outlook. When I'm home I'd like to Sync with (or even push to ) Thunderbird/Lightning. Any hints as to how this might work???

Thanks.

Partial Solution: Contacts can be synced via Ovi Suite

Outlook <MfE> N900 <OviSuite> Thunderbird

It COULD work for Lightning if Nokia programmed it. Ovi Suite requires Outlook or "Windows Calendar"

a workaround :

with the easy debian you have all the debian stuff at disposal.

1. you'll find icedove. this /is/ thunderbird. the different name is just a branding dispute about some pictures but it is just thunderbird.
2. there is claws which can handle exchange and handles small displays better.
3. there is evolution with loads of plugins.

[nb: could the ones maintaining the easy debian please put the pinning straight(dependencies are awfully broken)? sorry, but it has to be done upstream. ]

Last edited by lunat; 2010-10-30 at 00:35.

Sorry, but I'm referring to syncing my N900 with two different Windows PCs: Outlook at work and Thunderbird/Lightning at home.

I have a workaround for The Calendar
N900<MfE>Outlook<GoogleCalendarSync>GoogleCalendar <ProviderForGoogleCalendar>Lightning

A bit kludgy, but functional.

Last edited by RWFarley; 2010-10-30 at 03:56.

if you can run your own funambol server somewhere accessible by both it will work

n900syncevolution<--->funambol<---->lightning+funambol plugin/outlook+funambolplugin

this will do contacts,calendar, todo, notes

A few caveats:

If you want to use the funambol server with mysql you need to d a few tweaks to make connections persistent and schema correct, just google
never mind I found it again for you

http://markmail.org/message/oqbsvv3raljwezft

syncevolution(syncml client) on the n900 unmerges my contacts before syncing, kind of a PITA, but maybe I only have 8 or 10 people I do over different protocols simultaneoously so it is not too big of a deal

Last edited by quipper8; 2010-10-30 at 04:11.

Originally Posted by RWFarley View Post
Sorry, but I'm referring to syncing my N900 with two different Windows PCs: Outlook at work and Thunderbird/Lightning at home.
understood this. thunderbird, claws or evolution on the phone imo capable to achieve this.

You could use syncevolution for n900 to TB (works for me)

N900-SyncEvolution-Google-Googlecontacts-Thunderbird but I dont use mfe & Outlook so would not know the Outlook end but I think mfe's protocol is stricter than syncevolution and might have issues.

Cheers

Originally Posted by RWFarley View Post

I have a workaround for The Calendar
N900<MfE>Outlook<GoogleCalendarSync>GoogleCalendar <ProviderForGoogleCalendar>Lightning

A bit kludgy, but functional.

sorry.
well i did understand ... but still had a very different problem in my head(syncing with exchange, dav servers and mailserver based calenders). forget about it.
sorry

Last edited by lunat; 2010-10-30 at 07:36.