Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 968 | Thanked: 663 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australia (Melbourne/vic) / Lebanon (Zgharta/north)
than its perfect.

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Well, the clock, cellular signal, and battery icons functions similarly (in fact, almost the same as I understand it) as the other status applets. They just have a different entry in the /etc/hildon-desktop/status-menu.plugins file.

Namely: instead of having X-Status-Area-Position=[#] they have X-Status-Area-Permanent-Item=Clock [for the clock] and X-Status-Area-Permanent-Item=Special-Item-[#] for battery (# = 1) and cell signal bars (# = 0)

If you do explore this avenue and see how it works, I would appreciate it if you either included a settings option to decide what icon size to use, or at least make a separate copy in the repos. This way users who like the smaller one can keep it. (I don't need this, so I'm not using either, but I can imagine others might prefer the smaller one, to any bigger one you may possibly figure out how to implement.)

Posts: 248 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
if u have homescreen-selector installed u can also know which homescreen u at through the backgrounds or simply from left to right!

i am using 6 home screens with Matans modified-hildon-desktop!

Name:  Screenshot-20101028-022727.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  23.9 KB