Originally Posted by ossipena View Post
who has claimed such things?!?

this is at least one of the first nokians to multitask:

i have still got it

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to raaj13 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 487 | Thanked: 152 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by raaj13 View Post
i have still got it
Same here. Definitely one of the best phones I ever had. Introduced me to the world of smartphones!

Applications I've made:
- Vuvuzela
- LTM: London Tube Map

The Following User Says Thank You to El Amir For This Useful Post:
Posts: 992 | Thanked: 738 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Low Earth Orbit
Originally Posted by johnel View Post
This is a throw-back to the days of Psion handhelds and Palm PDAs - these devices would save the current state of the app and then close it when the user "switched" to something else.

This was understandable when memory was small and CPUs were slow (e.g. 64Mb ram and 250mhz CPU).
I don't know about the Palm, but the Psion Series 3 multitasked beautifully and could do using only 128KB of RAM and a CPU running at 4.7MHz.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kureyon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 404 | Thanked: 186 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Dehradun,India
Originally Posted by kureyon View Post
I don't know about the Palm, but the Psion Series 3 multitasked beautifully and could do using only 128KB of RAM and a CPU running at 4.7MHz.
256 KB RAM i think. and 20 to 35 hrs battery life with 4.3" screen.much better then today's power hungry PDA's i think.

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 738 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Low Earth Orbit
Originally Posted by raaj13 View Post
256 KB RAM i think
The original Series 3 (ie not the Series 3a & 3c) came in 2 models 128KB & 256KB.

and 20 to 35 hrs battery life with 4.3" screen.much better then today's power hungry PDA's i think.
And the beauty is that it uses 2 x AA batteries which will still be obtainable decades from now (and will benefit from increased capacity as technology improves). Unlike today's devices which become obsolete when your battery dies and you can't get replacements.

Posts: 1,210 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ hamburg,germany
Originally Posted by johnel View Post
Just seen this

This is a throw-back to the days of Psion handhelds and Palm PDAs - these devices would save the current state of the app and then close it when the user "switched" to something else.

This was understandable when memory was small and CPUs were slow (e.g. 64Mb ram and 250mhz CPU).

Apple and Microsoft seem to be determined to reverse the progress made other computer companies.

Then again these kind of restrictions means that components are cheaper but charge a premium price anyway.

A win-win for the company (cheap components and higher profits).

A lose-lose for the consumer (less than premium product but charged premium price).
offtopic:thanks for sharing the links in your signature.i had many questions about meego and already searched for some good information.

Nobody likes us but we dont care....

The Following User Says Thank You to atilla For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Bing maps. Who came up with that name?

just made my night.

Nokia 6600, my all time favorite. Will never sell that phone

However, the first s60 multitasker mean machine is the 7650:

Still a beauty

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Bing maps. Who came up with that name?
The guy who lost his job at Microsoft after coming up with that name. Luckily Nokia and Intel hired him for inventing name for their new OS.

As to who had claimed such a thing, it was a direct response to N900 (not Nokia) being ahead of it's time with the multitasking.

That's not the N900 you've got, durr.