Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 152 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ West Virginia
Running into an issue with the pidgin protocols, need a hand to figure this out and see if this is a known problem/what is the solution....

Reflashed my N900. Hit app manager, one update found - Documents to go installer, ok fine. done.

Back to app manager, (no other repos enabled or even created yet) download, all, Pidgin protocols plugin for Conversations and Contacts 0.7, installed.

exited app manager, go to settings, VoIP and IM accounts, hey look there's AIM....user/pass, looking at the advanced settings, yep all set, default server (no slogin) and port 5190...click sign in... wait...back to the accounts screen, account is there but not signing in.

Loaded rootsh, apt-get install syslogd (thanks epitaph for reminding me about this)

Jan 20 21:10:38 Nokia-N900 telepathy-haze[1752]: GLIB DEBUG tp-glib - started version 0.3.2 (telepath-glib version 0.8.1)
Jan 20 21:10:43 Nokia-N900 telepathy-haze[1752]: GLIB DEBUG tp-glib - no connections, and timed out

gah...

Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
I'm using the latest testing/devel packages and AIM works for me. I just added my account and signed in no problems.

Pidgin (and more importantly libpurple0) gets updated quite frequently, but the packages (in general) can move at a glacial pace when it comes to getting promoted to extras.

Personally I use testing/devel of everything I use because it's the only way to get the latest versions in a timely fashion for most programs.

The Following User Says Thank You to stlpaul For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
For example you're using 0.7 but 0.10 is in devel. libpurple0 2.7.7 is in devel but 2.7.3 i think in extras.