I hope the update permits me to stream Sirius radio over the internet using their webbrowser based player. I think java is required - would this bepossible???

Originally Posted by Seb Per View Post
well the situation could become more complex if more than one device appear in the future...
will one choose to upgrade - to a more versatile device- or to update the n800?
Don't tease us...

Though an E90 without phone bits and running maemo or similar would sure be sweet - something like the intel MID vid's....

Posts: 86 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Ocean City
Originally Posted by Mark S View Post
I hope the update permits me to stream Sirius radio over the internet using their webbrowser based player. I think java is required - would this bepossible???
That would be all I need; no need for Skype here, who cares.

(to listen to Sirius) Using TVersity and uSirius, while having your home computer on is just too much.

I would have to say this is what i want to see in a OS update

Current flash
Java

With these two additions basicall all media content is available.. And that is what i think this device could separate its self from the rest of the pack like the iphone.. the thing this device has is a usable screen.. unlike web capable phones or Palms pocket pc's etc..

The iPhone looks really cool but usability on a small screen cant be good, even if it looks cool.. In the end usability is what makes things popular. Like the black berry.. they were techie gadgets only then once it cught on now every company has a thumb typing phone type device of some sort.. be it a Pocket PC or a palm.. they all have some device like this and its now commonplace everywhere.. even with non techies.. I know a lady that loves here palm phone, and she is a bumbling idiot when it comes to computers.. I swear she uses text and email messages more then the voice part of the phone.. its quite scary actually where these devices have penetrated.

I also thing the n800 will really take off in the youth crowds, where they don't necessarily want a cell bill every month for the iPhone.. I know if i can get 90% of my calling needs done on gizmo or a sip type app ill cancel my cell.

It seems to be great! I guess that there is something that we all wait, something that anyone couldn't guess and also something missing because of technical problems. And no doubt that it's nearby

Hi E-Ville,

A usable screen isn't too strong a barrier since new devices like the Toshiba G900 has the same resolution screen.

Luke

Posts: 269 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by anderbr View Post
Don't tease us...

Though an E90 without phone bits and running maemo or similar would sure be sweet - something like the intel MID vid's....
Sorry my idea is not to tease. But to deliver food for thought. If users would be given the choice between several hw versions of the IT, would nt that be at the same time great and more complex to choose?

Originally Posted by luketoh View Post
Hi E-Ville,

A usable screen isn't too strong a barrier since new devices like the Toshiba G900 has the same resolution screen.

Luke
Yeah but there is a big difference between that 3' screen and the screen on the n800 and the price on that thing is too high.. for hat much i might as well spring for a UMPC.

Not to mention thats a Windows device not linux, linux has a attraction for me.