Posts: 213 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Rota Land
Those are not the exact words but that is best i can describe them.

EDIT: got the message again. heres the error

Along with that message is an option to scan and fix the errors and another one is to check for bad sectors on the phone.

The last thing i did was i was transferring files to NITDroid using the usb, one of the files failed to transfer but eventually i was able to transfer it, and now everytime i go into storage mode on the N900.

i get that annoying message

oh and i tried to do that scan fix option, it would not finish.

am i messing up my phone?

OS is Win7

Last edited by riceboy; 2011-03-27 at 10:05.

Posts: 395 | Thanked: 509 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Brisbane, Australia
Mine always does that when I plug it into windows 7, I just hit ignore/cancel each time. It did it with my n97 too, I think.

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Originally Posted by riceboy View Post
Those are not the exact words but that is best i can describe them.

Along with that message is an option to scan and fix the errors and another one is to check for bad sectors on the phone.

The last thing i did was i was transferring files to NITDroid using the usb, one of the files failed to transfer but eventually i was able to transfer it, and now everytime i go into storage mode on the N900.

i get that annoying message

oh and i tried to do that scan fix option, it would not finish.

am i messing up my phone?
The message means that you removed a dirty volume, which is to say you wrote on it but didn't choose to dismount the volume (safely remove hardware).

To this, when replugged, Windows offers to scan and fix any filesystem errors it might find.

If you chose to do a surface scan, it will take a while, at 5 MB per second 32G will be a few hours. You can schoose to not scan, but you run the risk of corruption, FAT has no error tolerance.

Note that the message does not mean that the volume is corrupted, merely that it was not cleanly dismounted.

Alternately you can chkdsk from the command line, using -v for feedback. Don't scan for bad sectors, it takes forever.

Note, however, that the message will persist, as the volume is still dirty, until you scan and dismount the volume cleanly.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ndi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 213 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Rota Land
thank you very much for that reply man.