Active Topics

Banned | Posts: 778 | Thanked: 337 times | Joined on Jun 2010
Originally Posted by garen View Post
I'm not stupid.
you.. aren't?
*runs crying to mommy*

Posts: 434 | Thanked: 990 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Australia
Down to the Samsung captivate and Samsung galaxy s. The 4g phones were ruled due to some service issues. Any tips on which one is better?
Since you're "not stupid", why ask?
Despite the abrasiveness of some responses, did you consider that some people may have been actually trying to help you through your N900 problems?

edit: galaxy S II isn't far way. might be worth holding out for that?

Posts: 1,425 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hong Kong
While this post is bumped, I withdraw my earlier recommendation on LG Optimus 2X. I just tried it at a roadshow, and I found it somewhat slower than many other android phones that are supposed to have inferior processors.

I dont know what went wrong with LG with this phone, but it surely fell out of my expectation. If I'd have to go for a dual core phone, it'd definitely not this one.

Last edited by 9000; 2011-04-07 at 11:49.

Thanks for the advice, but I think I'll stick with the galaxy s, the Optimus is nice and stuff but I'm going to be using a lot of memory and the extra 8gb that you get with the samsung sounds nice. Plus it supports more audio/video files. Plus I'm not very techy so the dual core won't even be able to live up to it's hype with me.
If you consider to switch to a device with main stream o/s, go for Moto Milestone 2 or HTC or whatever. Just not Samsung or any Korean; they might look nice but no confidence with Korean's tech & reliability. A personal opinion from personal experience.

Posts: 156 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Los Angeles
Ok so I have no idea what the hell is going on right now. I've been trying to call my friend since Tuesday and he hasn't answered his phone. Idk whats going on with my n900 or my possibly new phone that i still haven't decided on.

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 179 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Gold Coast, Australia
Friend Fixed it Obviously and has kept it for himself.

Posts: 1,425 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hong Kong
Ok so I have no idea what the hell is going on right now. I've been trying to call my friend since Tuesday and he hasn't answered his phone. Idk whats going on with my n900 or my possibly new phone that i still haven't decided on.
I share the same view with lucas XD

@timothy korean electronics are okay but their phones are really disappointing, yep.

Posts: 156 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Los Angeles
Ok so my friend finally called me back today. Apparently my screen wasn't as bright as it was supposed to be, and the speaker wasn't as loud. He fixed that stuff and tomorrow I'm going to the store to see if I will be needing a new phone or not. Kinda hoping I don't need a new phone at this point, only been like 2 weeks and I'm already missing the N900's multitasking. Only thing that I'm not looking forward too is ocing it again, getting nitdroid again and of course fixing the settings and downloading all the apps i had again.

Got my N900 back, works almost like its brand new. So no android phone for me for a while

Last edited by garen; 2011-04-10 at 22:37.