Posts: 590 | Thanked: 475 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ New York City
Went to see Beirut last night in Brooklyn, they were spectacular. But we'd never have found the venue if I didn't have my N900, with Maps+voice guidance (thanks Blaizzen & Jiri) and during the event, I checked in on Facebook (thanks MAG) and took a whole bunch of pics and video clips, which all look pretty good (thanks BlessN900 guy).

All in all, while I was SURROUNDED by sheep and their iClones, (surrounded I tell ya) and it felt good to be different. And it was uber cool to multitask between camera, FB, email and conversations. Hearing a "woah, look at that guy's phone" from behind me as I multitasked like no iPhone could, it gave me a little tingle of joy!

Did I mention that Beirut were spectacular too?

Happy weekend!

3 more days.......

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to AndyNokia232 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by AndyNokia232 View Post
Went to see Beirut last night in Brooklyn, they were spectacular. But we'd never have found the venue if I didn't have my N900, with Maps+voice guidance (thanks Blaizzen & Jiri) and during the event, I checked in on Facebook (thanks MAG) and took a whole bunch of pics and video clips, which all look pretty good (thanks BlessN900 guy).

All in all, while I was SURROUNDED by sheep and their iClones, (surrounded I tell ya) and it felt good to be different. And it was uber cool to multitask between camera, FB, email and conversations. Hearing a "woah, look at that guy's phone" from behind me as I multitasked like no iPhone could, it gave me a little tingle of joy!

Happy weekend!

3 more days.......

Its the mobile phone equivalent of a swiss army knife

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jigzy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 104 | Thanked: 48 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Romania
Originally Posted by Jigzy View Post
Its the mobile phone equivalent of a swiss army knife
It really is

The Following User Says Thank You to mirciox For This Useful Post:
Posts: 62 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ New York City
Originally Posted by AndyNokia232 View Post

Happy weekend!

3 more days.......
Hey ! I'm from Queens I have had my N900 for about a year now and know what you mean when people ask me what phone is that ? I would like to ask you what maps and voice guidance do you use since i have read countless pages on the subject and just gave up on it since trying Mappero, GeePS etc. They don't work like my Nav (Nokia Maps) on my Nokia E71 which I have relegated to my cellphone Hall of Fame with all my other old cellphones. Are the maps and voice guidance you use still in beta testing ? I don't even use nav anymore when out and about in my vehicle because of the issues with it not working, thanks !

Posts: 590 | Thanked: 475 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ New York City
Originally Posted by louiegoat View Post
Hey ! I'm from Queens I have had my N900 for about a year now and know what you mean when people ask me what phone is that ? I would like to ask you what maps and voice guidance do you use since i have read countless pages on the subject and just gave up on it since trying Mappero, GeePS etc. They don't work like my Nav (Nokia Maps) on my Nokia E71 which I have relegated to my cellphone Hall of Fame with all my other old cellphones. Are the maps and voice guidance you use still in beta testing ? I don't even use nav anymore when out and about in my vehicle because of the issues with it not working, thanks !
Hey fellow New Yorker! I think if you follow this thread like I did, you can get it to work, it's not as easy as just downloading something from the reps, but I did it, and I don't know sh*t!!

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...96#post1028996

Good luck with it, and keep flashing your great N900 around this great city!

EDIT: by 'flashing' I don't mean... oh ok you get it.

The Following User Says Thank You to AndyNokia232 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 604 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Phoenix, WA
same here... lets all have a nerd niche moment

The Following User Says Thank You to SAABoy For This Useful Post: